Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Numbness on the right side of my face..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
A couple of weeks ago. I woke up mid sleep and experienced numbness all over my right side including my face, leg and arm. I got worried that it was mimicking symptoms of a stroke it got me worried. I am also anaemic but I take tablets for that and vitamin b12 and iron. I have these come and go. I have been doing some research because my b12 is normal and I don't know why it is happening. I don't eat meat, and I am a pescatarian. I don't really have iron in my diet anyway. I have to take supplements for it. I have been to the neurologist for symptoms like these and she says its all to do with anaemia. I am worried it is something else. I've been getting severe headaches migraine type and feeling really stressed and under pressure. Also my eye feels numb so I don't know what to do. Could anaemia be the reason I have numbness all over my face and body? I feel really tired and lack the motivation to do anything. I'm going to make another doctors appointment and go along to see what they say can be done. It's always happening on the right and not the left. My eyes they twitch to. Any advice would be very appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    I don't mean to sound like I'm trying to fob you off but with something like this it would be best to seek a second opinion from a med professional. Mainly because on here we dont know the ins and outs of your personal medical situation, and anything we say could very well be wrong.
  • Options
    I do agree with G but also anything like numbness you really should seek professional help because it could be something minor like a trapped nerve or something more major, so its best to get checked out.
  • Options
    No problems. Thank you though :)