Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Anxiety Advice

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Lots of people believe that i am suffering with anxiety, and i posted on the nhs choices site and they have deleted it...

so advice please ...

- i am unable to live on my own without freaking i go to bed at 6 just to feel safe and i ran to each room.

- i freak at every sound - last night i heard guys and smashing glass and believed they were breaking into my boyfriends car..turns out they broke a bottle instead.

please help...

Comments

• Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Good to see you posted :)
    Its not right for nhs to delete your comments. I dont understand why they have done.

It sound tough for you. Have you spoken to a doctor?

Also do you have any distraction techniques? This could help you when you feel low and anxious. Something that helped me is my positive wall. I can add to it when I want and if I dont I have it there to help me when I feel low.

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Hello KellyDreamer,

Well done for posting. I'm sorry the NHS deleted you comment, did they E-mail you about reasons why they might have deleted your comment? As it doesn't sound very fare. TheSite.org also have something called AskTheSite, which you can put a question in to experts, and all our answered individually. Do check it out if you want to ask again :)

Anxiety can be a difficult issue to overcome, and sometimes not something that's easy to overcome alone, often fears are betrayed with a further meaning, and exploring your anxiety and beliefs will be beneficial. What thoughts do you around the worries? Sometimes when anxiety starts effecting a few areas of your life, it's best to reach out for support, for example visiting your GP and expressing some of your fears around anxiety.

Have you ever been in counselling before? If not, after you've spoken to your GP, she's mostly likely to refer you to services that can be beneficial for you depending on your age. TheSite.org has an interesting article on Anxiety and getting help, and ways you can help yourself with it, even if it is along side treatment. - http://www.thesite.org/healthandwellbeing/mentalhealth/anxietyandstress/anxietygettinghelp

Do you know what causes your anxiety?

Do keep us updated on how things go for you,

Best wishes,
    Angel
  • Options
    Hi Kelly

I'll reply to this properly later, but just to note that the NHS Choices website has a moderation policy that doesn't allow people to seek health advice (probably because they worry that having the NHS mark on the page means people might assume any responses are from medical pros):
    Asking for and giving specific medical advice will be permitted only in clearly marked areas and will be removed from other areas.

So, that's probably whey.

Don't have much to add to what Angel has said, really. Have you ever tried Mindfulness? There are some self-directed courses and there's clinical evidence it can aid anxiety (whether it turns out that you have clinical anxiety or not.)
  • Options
    I'm not sure what causes it but I know mental health issues run in my family, my mum has depression and I think anxiety but not sure.
    I have looked into the causes and it does say life experiences which could be a cause since I have lost my nan who I was very close too, I have had an abortion and gone through the care system and still struggling with self harm issues.
  • Options
    It sounds like you need to see a doctor, Kelly.

Obviously, we're not medical professionals, and if you're self-harming then it is really important that you talk to a GP and try to get some help. Whether or not you have clinical anxiety is not for us to say, but a doctor can help.
  • Options
    Hi Kelly,
    Glad that you have shared your problem with others, hope it makes you feel better. Share your problems with your friends and family members to share your problems. Accept the things you cannot change, remember to laugh and sooth stress with regular workouts.