Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Long term relationship broken up

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So my girlfriend and best friend of 3 and half years broke up with me two months ago. She basically said I wasn't spending enough time with her anymore, and we weren't doing anything... I was an idiot and just let her go without even trying to stop her basically, I just thought I was doing nothing wrong. :( We were planning on moving in with each other and everything next year this time as I'd be finished with college. We didn't speak for a month, and then I tried texting her and she just wouldn't have it.

Then the other day I heard she was hanging out with another friend of mine. I just can't stand the thought of this. I have been texting her, but she just doesn't want me anymore. I don't know what to do, we are moving back to college in like 3 weeks and all of us go to the same one, including the guy she is now talking to. Today I cried and thought about her more than any over the summer. I'm so stupid for letting her go. She did everything for me.

Comments

• Options
    hey
    ummwhat wrote: »
    So my girlfriend and best friend of 3 and half years broke up with me two months ago. She basically said I wasn't spending enough time with her anymore, and we weren't doing anything... I was an idiot and just let her go without even trying to stop her basically, I just thought I was doing nothing wrong. :( We were planning on moving in with each other and everything next year this time as I'd be finished with college. We didn't speak for a month, and then I tried texting her and she just wouldn't have it.

Then the other day I heard she was hanging out with another friend of mine. I just can't stand the thought of this. I have been texting her, but she just doesn't want me anymore. I don't know what to do, we are moving back to college in like 3 weeks and all of us go to the same one, including the guy she is now talking to. Today I cried and thought about her more than any over the summer. I'm so stupid for letting her go. She did everything for me.

sorry to hear what ur going threw :(

heres a link u might want to read

http://www.thesite.org/sexandrelationships/couples

here helpline that might help u
    http://www.supportline.org.uk/problems/relationships.php
  • Options
    :)
  • Options
    ummwhat wrote: »

You didn't "let her go". She left you and at that moment there is nothing you could have done. Either the relationship was not satisfying to her or she left you for the other dude. Standard post-relationship protocol applies.
  • Options
    StrubbleS, what do you mean ?there is nothing you could?ve done?? she didn?t say ?I don?t love you anymore?, she said ? you don?t spend enough time with me anymore? I think it is pretty obvious what you could have done. And Ummwhat, it?s been only two months, it?s not that long, you?ve been together for 3,5 years! There?s still a chance to fix it, but you shouldn?t wait. If she doesn?t pick up the phone, just go to see her and tell her that you are ready to give her what she wanted, tell her you are going to pay more attention to her and spend more time with her. Tell her you still want to be together, and the fact that you go to her instead of calling will show her that you are actually serious. There is a plenty of things you can do to strengthen your relationship. Don?t just let that other guy have her, fight for her. You don?t want to sit around and wonder if there is something you could have done.