Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

im beginning to think i cant do much right.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I cut today for the first time in months and i think it was the first right thing ive done in weeks.
I broke up with my boyfriend of three months a few weeks ago because he was getting really close to a girl who was depressed and emotional and one of their lessons got delayed three times because they wouldnt stop flirting and today i saw that he gave the tshirt i got him for his birthday to this girl and i didnt want to break up with him but he wasnt happy with me and now im depressed and im tired from everything thats happening at the moment and because the six weeks holday has just started i dont have anywhere to escape to to get my mind off everything. And i cant talk to my mum because she wants me to go back to camhs anyway and i get so emotionally numb after i speak to the doctor and my boyfriend was the only person close enough to get me through it and now he's not here anymore.
Thanks for reading :wave:

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey hun,
    sorry to hear you're feeling low at the moment. Please don't hurt yourself over him though, he's really not worth that! I know you're upset now, but you will find someone much nicer that doesn't flirt with other girls-you deserve much better!

If you want to talk, you can message me,
    hope things get better for you :)
    FrogsandRainbows.X
  • Options
    JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Hi LouiseL923 :wave:

It sounds like you’ve got a lot on your mind, but it’s great that you’ve come back to the boards.

Break-ups are often really hard, and it’s understandable that you’re feeling down about it. You said that you broke up because he was interested in another girl. That’s a horrible thing to happen and I see why it makes this especially hard. Just in case you haven’t found them already, we’ve got some articles that might that might help: you could try ‘Why they were Unfaithful’, ‘Mending A Broken Heart’ and ‘Getting Over it.’

From your last thread I see that you were discharged from CAMHS a few months ago. How are you finding it without seeing them any more? You also mentioned that you don’t like talking to your doctor because it makes you feel emotionally numb. Do you know why that didn’t happen with your ex?

It must be a bit daunting facing a long summer holiday when you’re feeling like this. Are there any friends you can hang out with a bit to distract you? Or an activity/hobby you can focus on? Some people also find it useful to find something to look forward to. Is there anything coming up that you can get excited about?

Let us know how you’re doing :)

JPick