Home› Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Sept 11th - Post Traumatic Stress

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Acording to a report in the US (details here), millions suffered from post traumatic stress as a result of witnessing the events unfold.

So, judging on past experience (and using my cynical mind) the only question open to them now is:

Just who should they be suing for damages?

Some options are:

TV Broadcasters (for showing the pictures)
Airline (for allowing terrorists on)
US Govt (for allowing terrorist into the country)
Builder/Architech of WTC (for making it possible for it to collapse)

Comments

• Options
    the people who profit from misery like this are on the same level as the terrorists.
    Nobody deserves a penny, and if they did open it up for damages then theoretically anybody in the world could sue.
    The selfish bastards who do try and sue somebody should be taught some sort of lesson in humanity.
  • Options
    The trouble with allowing citizens to be free is that you are leaving them to be selfish bastards / theifs / terrorists / child molesters.

Still, i think freedom is worth it.
  • Options
    Disclaimer: There is no suggestion that anyone is planning to sue, or has sued, any of those organisations.

I'm just a cynic.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent
    Disclaimer: There is no suggestion that anyone is planning to sue, or has sued, any of those organisations.

I'm just a cynic.

Id like to think noone would be tactless enough to do it, but I think they would be. Like the scum-sucking coppers who sued after Hillsbrough, even though it was their fucking fault.

Id expect the NYPD or FDNY to try it soon, seeing as how its been shown they didnt do their job properly.
  • Options
    MoK : OK, no-one has sued yet, but at least one person has been charged and sentanced for fruad, having falsified his own death in the twintowers to claim insurance + other crap and general profit.

I was impressed with that, that must have taken some quick thinking and fast moving. Glad he got caught though
  • Options
    When will "Shit happens, deal with it!" be established in legal precedent?
  • Options
    Originally posted by MacKenZie
    When will "Shit happens, deal with it!" be established in legal precedent?

After the Revolution, once all the lawyers have been put up against a wall.

;)
  • Options
    "kill the lawyers"-Shakespeare

The only useful thing he has ever written.
  • Options
    Havn't read the whole article. Just skimmed the top. But as far as I know families of the victims in the planes are planning to sue the airline company.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    Havn't read the whole article. Just skimmed the top. But as far as I know families of the victims in the planes are planning to sue the airline company.

:mad: On what grounds? For letting terrorists on the plane? Like they meant to? :mad:

Next the airline companies will sue the contracors who built the WTC, because they designed it in such a way as to be a liable target for a jet-missile attack. :rolleyes::mad:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mindless all the way

:mad: On what grounds? For letting terrorists on the plane?

Actually, yes...

Say that security was too low.
  • Options
    Well... just as a matter of interest to the forum, try having a read of this.

Note the disclaimer that the payout is conditional upon them *not* suing anyone.....

Sickening.
  • Options
    No wonder they wanted anonymity :rolleyes:

I'm sure they will enjoy spending the cash, its a good job his didn't die naturally isn't it...
  • Options
    And how many millions of dollars does the US plan to give to the families of innocent Afghan civilians killed during the "War on Terror"?

I'd like to hope that at least some of the American families donate their share to charity.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Vox populi, vox Dei
    And how many millions of dollars does the US plan to give to the families of innocent Afghan civilians killed during the "War on Terror"?

I'd like to hope that at least some of the American families donate their share to charity.

Er..isn't that down to their Govt?

If you look at the story DJP posted it says that it is the US who is funding this, by your reckoning it should be Afghanistan. Would you support that too?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent

Er..isn't that down to their Govt?

If you look at the story DJP posted it says that it is the US who is funding this, by your reckoning it should be Afghanistan. Would you support that too?

My point was highlighting the fact that whilst the US is willing to dole out millions to its own citizens wh oare otherwise well fed, watered, clothed, heated etc simply because their relatives had the misfortune to be murdered (and it's not like normal murder victims' families get massive compensation from the government anyway), they are still dragging their feet on international aid. How many food parcels could the compensation awarded to even one family pay for?

t
  • Options

they are still dragging their feet on international aid.

What country provides more international aid than any other?
  • Options
    Don't tons of people seem to be playing the PTSD card on almost anything lately? What next? The Co-op ran out of milk so i'll sue 'em for PTSD because because they denied me my human right to have milk in my tea. And thats another pile of shit, at times, this human rights thing. There's a guy going to the European Court to claim he has a human right to park outside his fucking house!

Ooooo and i'm a cynic too:D :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Greenhat

What country provides more international aid than any other?

In proportion to GDP?
  • Options

In proportion to GDP?

Just plain numbers...not %, or proportion, real value...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Greenhat

Just plain numbers...not %, or proportion, real value...

However when we look at crime e.t.c. we always have to do by % or per head of population to make it fair.
    Aid given by US citizens may be larger in total, but per head of population it is dismal.
  • Options
    But they arestill the biggest contributors.