Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I Hate Myself

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I AM A 15 YEAROLD AND I REALLY HATE MY BREASTS AND I HAVE CONSIDED ALOT OF TIMES TO GET A BOOB JOB BUT EVERYONE I HAVE SPOKEN TO TOLD ME NOT TO BE SILLY I AM YOUNG AND I HAVENT STOPPED GROWING YET.BUT ITS GETTING MY DOWN THAT I HAVE SWITCHED FROM TIGHT TOPS AND STARTED WEARING BAGGY TOPS. HELP ME:rolleyes:

Comments

• Options
    Your doctor is the person to ask, not us, who have never seen you, nor (with the exception of one or two) have any medical training. However, based on the experience of another poster on the boards, it's likely that they will tell you you *are* too young.

Oh. Turn Caps Lock off, and write normally. Then people won't kill ya.

:)
  • Options
    although im gonna sound a bit like (or a lot like!!) the people who tell you that you're too young, they are right here. you are only 15 and they will definetly develop. just think of it this way, smller busts look nicer in tops cos u can wear padded bras which give a more defined shpe. generally a smaller bust suits the tighter tops.
    wait a while for them to grow, or ask a doctor for any foods that will help to grow your body more and maybe they'll catch up.
    be proud of what you've got, some girls complain of being too big and others too small; unforchanetly, we cant change this until we are all 18 or we learn to apreviate what we've got.

love, missx
  • Options
    Hi, I know how it feels to be unhappy about breasts whatever shape or size.

There is a discussion forum, and it is absolutly brilliant, you can get fantastic support from there, I have got so much help!

You say 'boob job' so I am assuming you want an augmentation. Well I know that not a lot of doctors would consider that sort of surgery at your age. At the moment I am in a fierce battle to try and get a plastic surgeon to consider me for a reduction and I'm 18. :(

Anyway here is the link, you will get a lot of support. xxx

Good luck!

In the meantime, I would let your GP know that you are thinking about having some surgery for the future. Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES do you look in the back of a magazine for plastic surgeons. The good ones don't need to advertise.
  • Options
    I wear little tops and I've got small boobs. I think it accentuates what I've got.

Back me up guys, tight tops look nice on girls with smaller breasts, right? Makes 'em perky and cute I think.

Oh yeah, I turn 20 soon and I'm slightly bigger than I was a year ago...so don't give up hope.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Lizzafins
    I wear little tops and I've got small boobs. I think it accentuates what I've got.

Back me up guys, tight tops look nice on girls with smaller breasts, right? Makes 'em perky and cute I think.

Oh yeah, I turn 20 soon and I'm slightly bigger than I was a year ago...so don't give up hope.
    Yep tight tops. I draw the line at just wearing clingfilm unless it's a special event - berlin love parade woot woot :D
  • Options
    I was exactly the same as you when I was 15. There was a mixture of girls in our group at school, some very well developed and others (including me!) not developed at all.

I hate to tell you the same as everyone else, but you will fill out the older you get. Not only that, but as you get older, you become happier with your body, so to do something now might mean major regrets further down the track. I don't think that you would be able to get a boob job at your age either, as they like you to have stopped growing before any major changes are made.

If it worries you to the point of feeling like you have to wear baggy tops, why not go out and buy yourself some padded "Tee Shirt" bras, they give you a slightly more "well developed" apperance, without making you look like you have had a major growth spurt overnight - AKA a reasonably famous yet totally crappy American female singer, who shall remain nameless ;)
  • Options
    A BOOB JOB AT THAT AGE!!:eek: :eek: WELL WHATS NOT TO STOP YOU!!?? GO ON AHEAD TREAT YOURSELF!!!!!;) ;) AS FOR HATING YOURSELF WHEN YOU LOOK IN THE MIRROR AND SEE THIS 15 YEAR OLD STANDING WITH BIG BREASTS THEN YOU WILL KNOW U HAVE MADE A MISTAKE!!!! OH YEA WASNT I SAYING YOU SHOULD GET IT DONE????? YOUR TOO YOUNG!!:rolleyes:
  • Options
    I know what you mean...sort of. I wish mine were bigger but having said that no one has ever said they're too small or anything. I don't know. I would ask the men I've slept with but I'm probably scared of their answer or something. :D Such a wimp.

Why have you switched to wearing baggy tops when you used to wear tight ones before?

Just because you don't like your boobs doesn't mean you should consider having surgery to increase them...well, not yet at least. There is the whole 'You're still developing' thing so just remember that and try to focus on the parts of your body that you do like. :)

If you want to natter about it anymore then just PM me or something.
  • Options
    Hi Emily,

No surgeon will touch you if you're only fifteen, and with good reason. You are still growing, and it's just not a healthy thing to do.

Buy yourself some nice bras that suit you, and then for the hard work: you have to learn how to accept yourself for the person you are. If your bust was a different size, maybe you'd be worrying about a different aspect of your appearance! Focus on your good points - and don't get too caught up in outward appearances, that's only part of what makes you who you are.

If your body image is affecting your behaviour (changing the way you dress sounds like it is) then perhaps you should speak to your doctor who can arrange counselling. Talk it through with someone who is unbiased and you may find it gives you a different perspective.

Good luck.

http://www.thesite.org/magazine/specials_body_image/
  • Options
    You don't stop growing for a long time. I have gone up 3 cup sizes since I was 15, so bear that in mind. A lot of girls hate their boobs, big, small, saggy, perky, whatever! Wear supportive bras and flattering clothes and remember everyone has insecurities.
  • Options

Yes, especially with tight little t-shirts saying things like "dont look at my tits" ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by ketc

Yes, especially with tight little t-shirts saying things like "dont look at my tits" ;)

Pervert
  • Options
    My little sister is 15 too and unhappy about her breasts.
    She has heard that they will grow when you take the pill so she wants to try this, but I'm sure no doctor will give her the pill just because she hopes she'll get bigger boobs with the hormones :rolleyes:
    15 is too young to be already depressed because you have little breasts. I'm 20 and I have rather little ones, but I don't care. Personality is more important than boobs.
  • Options
    Originally posted by madinthenut

Pervert

whats your problem
  • Options
    Originally posted by Morgenstern
    <snip>
    She has heard that they will grow when you take the pill so she wants to try this, but I'm sure no doctor will give her the pill just because she hopes she'll get bigger boobs with the hormones <snip>

Not true. I'm the same size I've always been, and I've been on the pill for a number of years.

And my size is... practically non-existent. I've not thought about getting any kind of surgery before, because I'm used to it. Also I've read that women who've had augmentations done end up with really, really hard breasts, and that's not nice.

I reckon we're whatever size we are for a good reason, although we'll never be happy with it, such is human nature. I read somewhere that working out the pectoral muscles will help in, er... overall appearance.

Also, yes, you're too young. You have to let your body finish growing, my sister actually increased a cup size when she was about 19 or so. (I have no idea where she got that gene from... :rolleyes:)
  • Options
    I've sent you a PM hun. T'is a bit long though.
  • Options
    thanks

Hi i wanna thank all you lot for your replys and you trying to help i dont wanna sound like i dont care but it hasnt really helped i still hate my boobs and its gonna stay like that i wish i could have some sort of help for this but it doesnt work anyway thanks alot for all you replys.

luv emily
  • Options
    Hi Emily
    Im talking from experience here ok. I am 40, never had big boobs, Ive always thought id get a boob job but never have. I wear wonderbras or the gel type bras which do improve your size.
    It wont matter what anyone says to you be it that you look great or theres nothing wrong with your boobs, I still feel self concious of myself but try to make myself feel better when I say right here I am, im 40, I can still wear tight jeans and small top, I can still wear short skirts because im slim, I look quite young for my age so I know when I go out I can still get male attention ( not that I want it because im happily married anyhow).
    I just have come to the conclusion im never gonna have big boobs
    and my hubby loves me as I am.
    One other thought have you ever tried going to the gym? They can tell you what excersises to do which would improve your muscle tone, anyway that was just a thought.
    Hope this helps a little lets face it no1 is perfect are they !!!!!!