Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

PCOS + cerazette

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've had to switch from taking the COC pill to Cerazette because of migraines. Annoying because the COC pill worked for me and I liked knowing when my period would be.

I know there's a pretty small chance, but has anyone here got PCOS and is on Cerazette? I'm worried all of that will get worse :(

Comments

• Options
    Hi yellowseahorse :wave:

I'm not sure about the medicine cerazette and have not heard of it. What did your doctor say when they prescribed it to you? Have you read the leaflet that should be with it?

I have put a link here for you from NHS website, I hope this will help you a little.http://www.nhs.uk/medicine-guides/pages/MedicineOverview.aspx?condition=Contraception&medicine=cerazette&preparationCerazette%2075microgram%20tablets

Good luck with it and let us know how you are getting on with it :thumb:

purple_rain:heart:
  • Options
    I came to this thread after searching the site because I was a new member and I was curious about various experiences with PCOS. I realize the posting is not current but I wanted to take this opportunity to share my story for any potential readers. I was never prescribed cerazette but I too had to change medications due to side effects I had. After dealing with PCOS symptoms for years I decided to do some research on my own and I'm glad I did because I came across a wonderful article that inspired me to change my method for battling PCOS symptoms. I currently don't take any medications only natural supplements, and this has been for months now. I had a horrible diet and started to incorporate PCOS friendly food choices that included more complex carbs, healthy fats, lean proteins and no gluten. The diet alone I believe was the cause of my weight loss and hormonal regulation because it was tailored to offset the effects of insulin resistance. I started doing yoga, taking zinc, omega 3 and B vitamins along with maca which is an herb to restore hormonal balance. For the last several months I have had regularity in my cycles and have not been bothered by the PCOS symptoms that I previously was. After all of the years I was taking different meds I never thought that a natural approach would be the best for me. If any of my fellow PCOS sufferers are interested the article can be found at http://detoxscientific.com/pcos-diet. I wish you all the best with your treatment choices.
  • Options
    I don't know much about this and someone else on here may know but I think if you feel like you may get worse and the medication isn't helping then you got to see the doctor no matter what.

The doctor may let you carry on with the Cerazetta if they think it's working or put you on another form of contraception.

You may need to book an appointment to see the doctor first and ask wether you could go on something else. I think that would be a good idea.

I'm on the yasmin pill and that helps to control my periods and know when I'm next on. You could ask your doctor about the yasmin pill.

What do you think?

I hope that helps x
  • Options
    Just saying, this thread was started in 2013, I'm pretty sure Yellow has been on Cezrazetta for some time now and may of even changed medication again, Please check dates of thread before commenting.