Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

freaking out, who is wrong thesite or clinic

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok i am majorly freaking out

i have just been reading this..........
the pill

the bit in particualar is the disadvantages
Disadvantages:
With most pills, you are not protected against pregnancy for the first few days of use. Discuss this with doctor or nurse

right i had sex and the condom compleatly split during sex when he had cummed, and i had only been on the pill for 4 days

but im sure in the leaflet it says that you are protected straight away , im going do do sma emajor reading but can any one help me?

is it worth me taking a pregnancy test. it was fri when this happened too late for the morning after pill

Comments

• Options
    I think it depends on what type of pill youuse and when you started it.
  • Options
    I was under the impression that if taken properly, and if your first packet of pills is started on the first day of your menstrual period, then you are protected immediately. maybe some pills are different, ive only ever been on femodene, dianette and now microgynon.
  • Options
    If you're worried then talk to the pharmacist who will know all about this kind of thing.

You could also talk to the nurse at the local health centre or ring a Brook Centre.

It isn't a case of 'who is right' but a case of which pill you are using, as they differ.

:)
  • Options
    I am on Loestrin 20, and I was told by my doctor that I was protected straight away if I took the pill on day 1 of my cycle. But I started taking my pill on day 4, so I had to use other protection e.g condoms for 7 days.

Check your pill leaflet on how to take it, if that doesn't answer your questions then go and see your doctor.
  • Options
    From your post in sex it sounds like you started the pill when you started your period?
    I'm kind of surprised when people don't know this stuff as I looked up stuff on the pill before I went on it and even then my doctor told me everything.
  • Options
    TheSite and the clinic are both right.

If you just start taking the pill on any random day, you are not protected for the first few days. If you start the pill on the first day of your period, you are usually protected from day one, but this is not the case for every single brand of pill. Which is why you should discuss it with your doctor or nurse.

Hope that clears it up.
  • Options
    im on microgon(sp?) and i was protected from the first day