Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Me.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've always been told I have to work for what I want, so I have, and I've worked hard.
They say you get out of life what you put into it. I've put in my all. And have been given nothing in return.
I've Volunteered.
I've been kind, helpful, smiley, smart, ive tried everything. and still nothing. nothing at all.
What am i supposed to do? cause im at the point where theres no return. what is the point? everyone uses analogys to describe life. but its shit. thats all it is.

Is it time to give up?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey Flow, I noticed you didn't get any replies and I wonder if it was your thread title as it just said 'Me', perhaps people weren't sure what it was..

Anyway, I just wanted to check in and see how you're feeling today? It really sucks when you feel like you're putting your all into things and you don't get anything in return but you deserve a hi5 for everything you've mentioned here! :yes:

Striving to be a kind and helpful person, giving your time to volunteer, working hard.. this is all really admirable.

I wonder what it is that you're not getting back? Some appreciation maybe? I know if I've put my all into something and no one notices it can feel like a balloon being deflated :( so what are the things that do keep you going?

Doing things that make you feel good about you (regardless of what anyone else thinks) are really important.

Here to listen if you want to vent some more *hug*