Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

guilt free weekend

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ive been in this relationship for quite some time now. im in love with this girl, and i know i want to marry her. but our relationship progressed very quickly. in the time we have been together, we have spwnt 4 nights apart at most. we bpth staryed feeling smothered, and missed being able to go out on our own. so we agreed to take a guilt free weekend. we were both completely ok with it. she alept with someone, and i didnt. knowing that i could was good enough for me. i told her to have fu., and i knew it was going to happen, but no.w that it has, im struggling. i still want to be with hre outer, but i cant figure out what to do or think.

Comments

• Options
    typerry92 wrote: »
    ive been in this relationship for quite some time now. im in love with this girl, and i know i want to marry her. but our relationship progressed very quickly. in the time we have been together, we have spwnt 4 nights apart at most. we bpth staryed feeling smothered, and missed being able to go out on our own. so we agreed to take a guilt free weekend. we were both completely ok with it. she alept with someone, and i didnt. knowing that i could was good enough for me. i told her to have fu., and i knew it was going to happen, but no.w that it has, im struggling. i still want to be with hre outer, but i cant figure out what to do or think.

Well that was a terrible idea :crazyeyes

My only advice....don't get married
  • Options
    Leave her it's the only way... she's tainted now.
  • Options
    well she isnt tainted. I dont actually care that she did it, because i said it was ok. we both put alot of thought into this. but because she has done it and i havent, she feels guilty. and it hurts me to see her beating herself up over it. she says if i go out and do it, then it wont be such a big deal for her. but where only one of us has, its an issue. i dont know if i should do it or not. she is the only one that i really want to be with. if i do it, it may fix this, or we may just fall apart. but if i dont do it, her guilt may drive her to breaking us up...
  • Options
    Ok, im glad to see that you two are still together. I was gonna give you advice on the basis that you cant handle her sleeping with someone else but its good that you dont seem to mind (this might sound like im trying to put doubt in your mind, im honestly not)

My new advice: dont sleep with someone else so you two will be 'even'. if you dont want to, then dont do it to prove some stupid point. what you need to do is prove to her that she has no reason to be guilty. forget this happened, move on and move past it, distract her with other things and show her how much she means to you, whether or not she is now 'tainted'
  • Options
    we were still together... a couple hours ago she said she wants to take a break for a little while. she says it has nothing to do with the weekend. we have both been under alot of stress over work and money. my work is very time consuming, and can put me up to 80 hour weeks. and with money, we have constantly been stressing. she wants to take some time for us both to get ourselves on track, so we can get back to the happy, fun couple we were. that is what that weekend was for, fun. but it didnt work out so well.
  • Options
    Shikari wrote: »

I wouldn't necessarily say she is, but the relationship certainly is.

She feels guilty, and as much as the OP claims to be ok with it (I don't believe him) there will be a point in the relationship where he resents her for it and it causes problems.

If you have issues in your relationship.....it's ridiculous to think that going out one weekend and fucking someone else will magically make everything ok. IMO
  • Options
    Shikari wrote: »

I think that's a disgustingly misogynistic comment from you...yet again!

She's not tainted, but is does sound like the both of you need to work out what it is you want from the relationship and how you can both change things to make it work. Have you thought about going to relate? I think there is an online version too but I can't remember the link so I'll have to come back to you on that one. If you are going to go on a break, what do you both want that to achieve? It's important you have a goal set otherwise it could just get messy. It sounds to me like you could both do with a holiday and some time out with each other - would maybe just a couple of days be possible? Is it worth just looking at how you can both spend more quality time together?

I hope that helps!
  • Options
    Miss_Riot wrote: »
    If you are going to go on a break, what do you both want that to achieve? It's important you have a goal set otherwise it could just get messy

:yes:

Making goals while taking a break is important in order to know where you are aiming to get;
    1. Identify why you could benefit from the break
    2. Agree on a timeframe.
    3. Establish rules of contact.
    4. Commit to the time apart.

Relate (online/telephone or face to face) could also help in this situation as it seems problems were already occuring before that guilt free weekend, and still are clearly present now :(

Try to have a chat and see where this space could lead. Good luck, let us know how you get on *hug*
  • Options
    Miss_Riot wrote: »
    I think that's a disgustingly misogynistic comment from you...yet again!

She's not tainted, but is does sound like the both of you need to work out what it is you want from the relationship and how you can both change things to make it work. Have you thought about going to relate? I think there is an online version too but I can't remember the link so I'll have to come back to you on that one. If you are going to go on a break, what do you both want that to achieve? It's important you have a goal set otherwise it could just get messy. It sounds to me like you could both do with a holiday and some time out with each other - would maybe just a couple of days be possible? Is it worth just looking at how you can both spend more quality time together?

I hope that helps!

Stop throwing around "misogynistic" woman have more than equal rights now.
    Misreading my comments or failing to ask more is just silly.

I just meant simply that, when you enter a relationship with someone you only sleep with your other half. If you sleep with someone else that bond is broken, you ever been cheated on? It's just that feeling that they're not yours anymore, and you're not theres. And whatever you had for each other really doesn't mean anything...

Anyway.
    To the original poster.

What you can certainly see plain and clear is that.
    You love her very much, as you clearly didn't see the need to go out and fuck someone, and just carried on as you were. Where as your girlfriend can't possibly feel the same way. If you love someone you simply don't want to screw other people, and/or see your other half upset.

I don't think anyone is really naive enough to think that no problem would ever come from a "Free weekend". If any girl asked me for one, or suggested it. It would sound alarms in my head like nothing else.

Just prepare yourself for a hard break up my friend.
  • Options
    she broke up with me the other day, but not over this. she feels emotionally overwhelmed. she cant trust any of her feelings, and she cant make sense of them. She recently lost a very close uncle, his funeral was the other day. on top of that she has so much other shit going on it isnt close to funny. and then, about 2 weeks ago, she stopped taking her anti-depressants. that is when everything actually started to change. when she isnt on them, she doesnt care about emotions. just living in the moment. and that is what she wants right now, because everything else hurts too much
  • Options
    I have gotten her to elaborate a bit more. When she says she wants to live in the moment, she means she just wants to have fun. And our relationship wasnt fun anymore. When we first got together, everything was perfect. And it was for a while after she moved in with me. But then she lost her job to health issues. Money got tight, and i got so focused on trying to provide for her, that I lost sight of everything else. But now, money is coming good. Im finally able to start saving again, and she is starting to see the old me coming back. Ill give it a few more weeks, but i think there is still hope for us :)