Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Mixtapes

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So do you like giving and getting mixtapes? Or do you think it's a bit of an awkward thing to do after about the age of 14?

I love giving them to people I love but my friends all regard it as something offensively cute that only I do. When I listened to the CD's my ex made me a couple of years ago they make me fall a little bit in love with her again for a few minutes.

Comments

• Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hey, just having a little explore in this forum and noticed this thread didn't get any responses, which is a shame, because I used to :heart: mix tapes. I remember one of my very first boyfriends sent me one with the album title 'this song fucking reminds me of <insert name>' :blush:

Thing is, I get the sense that these days, mix tapes have been taken over by spotify playlists, or itunes lists etc...

Do you guys use those to send songs to you :heart: ones? Or maybe something else?
  • Options
    I still make mixtapes (although... they're CD's) I've made a couple for boyfriends, but normally I make them for my dad.
    He used to always make me them when I was little as presents, so now I make them for his birthday and stuff because I never have much money!
    He has more music than anyone can ever imagine (10'000 records, 5'000 CDs, 2'000 tapes, 1 terabyte of download, and 700 LPs at last estimate!) but mixtapes are still a sweet present :)
  • Options
    I make CDs and spotify playlists for friends and Fiend. I do kinda miss mix tapes, though.
  • Options
    I used to get and send back mix tapes (in cassette and CD) to and fro between my best mate and me when I lived in Spain. In fact we used to do care packages for each other even hen we were at uni but different sides of the country.

Might go and make one now!
  • Options
    I just post youtube links on my friends facebook.