Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Flashbacks?.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've been suffering with flashbacks for ages.
but lately they've been really bad for example feeling someone/something on you.
They're making me violently shake...

I don't know what to do :(

Comments

• Options
    Hi Emmalee:wave:,

Im sorry to hear that you are experiencing these flashbacks at the moment, they sound really scary and distressing for you. You say that you have been having these for a while, have you spoken to anyone about them ? Is there anything that brings on the onset of these ? You say that you don't know what to do, you have made a great start by seeking advice and guidance on how to deal with what you are going through. I would suggest if you haven't spoken to anyone, for example your G.P or another professional that you do seek further advice.

Remember we are always here for you at The Site and always feel that you can post. We look forward to hear how things are going for you.:heart:

Take care,
    B
  • Options
    I've spoken about them to people online like online counsellors and such, I don't know what brings them on...sometimes the darkness can.

I'm signing up at a GP tomorrow
  • Options
    Hi Em,

Sorry to hear about the flashbacks, they must be really frightening :( As becky says, trying to reflect on the things that might trigger them can be useful as well as talking to someone about what you've been experiencing.

I've also found this article on coping with flashbacks. There are some good tips including:
    When you feel ready, write down all you can remember about the flashback and how you got through it. This will help you to remember information for your healing and to remind you that you did get through it (and can again).
    Remember you are not crazy - flashbacks are normal and you are healing.
    When we get scared we breathe too quickly and shallowly and our body panics. This causes dizziness, shakiness and more panic. Breathing slowly and deeply will stop the panic.

Here's the full article: http://www.selfinjurysupport.org.uk/ideas-coping-flashbacks

Hope all goes well signing up with your new GP :)
  • Options
    Thankyou, I think I'm going to write these down and stick them either on my wall all inside the walk in woardrobe..