Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Friends...supposedly

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So...your two best friends you live with book a holiday and don't even invite you? Awkward!
They didn't even mention booking a holiday!
I'm so sick of just bein forgotten about by 'friends'.
I sit and listen to their problems, help them, offer advice but yet get nothing in return. And now this.

Sucks balls majorly! Do I say something or just leave it?

Comments

• Options
    What kind of holiday?
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote: »
    What kind of holiday?

A beach holiday for a week or so...not 100% on details as I only found out this information by a Facebook status. Ahh good old Facebook eh...
  • Options
    With anyone else? Could it be a romantic break for them? Are they going with a particular group of people?
  • Options
    No it's not romantic I can be certain about that! And also most of our other friends have partners they are going away with or are Savin up for houses so won't be going away
  • Options
    Is there a particular reason they should have invited you? Do you three have a habit of going away together?
  • Options
    Is there a particular reason they should have invited you? Do you three have a habit of going away together?

Yep we do
  • Options
    Well, I can see why you'd be a bit upset, have you asked them?
  • Options
    Well, I can see why you'd be a bit upset, have you asked them?

I've not had chance yet. I only found out an hour ago and nobody is at home an I'm off to work so won't see anybody
  • Options
    honestly I would be sooo annoyed/upset about this! if they are meant to be your two best friends surely they won't have done it? has it all been fine and dandy recently or have there been arguments? maybe there's been crossed wires and for some reason they think you wouldn't want to go on holiday, maybe if you've mentioned you're skint or something? hope it all gets sorted out! :(
  • Options
    I'd talk to them about it, see their reaction to you being upset. I've had friends like this in the past. Best friends for over 10 years, but people change and begin to treat you as if you don't exist (in my case it was because they believe they found better friends, which didn't work out for them!) Confronted them about it and they know they've been shit friends yet continue their behaviour. It's why I've only got 1 good friend where I live now (who I don't see as often sadly) because I told those who walked all over me to do one. Now they're the ones with no real friends, just acquaintances!