Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Issues with having my photo taken

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

Comments

• Options
    Hi Ballerina :wave:

I have noticed you started a thread titled Issues haing my photo taken. Is it something you would like to talk about?

purple_rain :)
  • Options
    I made it but then no one replied and I felt stupid so deleted it :blush:
  • Options
    Dont feel stupid, I have a friend who point blank refuses to have her photo taken
  • Options
    You don't need to feel stupid but if you wanna chat about it your welcome to :)

Lexi is right just like her friend my brother doesn't like his photo being taken so you are not the only who feels like that :heart:

purple_rain
  • Options
    I was just wondering if anyone else has massive issues with their photo being taken, to the point you get quite angry and upset with people and demand they delete them. Or get really upset when they see a photo of themselves that they don't like? But the thing is I don't generally have issues with how I look, I mean I don't like how I look but I don't massively dislike it either, but photos of myself always seem to come out unflattering and I get really upset over them, I have been known to cry and refuse social gatherings for a while afterwards. It would be nice to not be the miserable camera dodger
  • Options
    I know exactly what you mean. like, I'll go on a night out feeling reasonably nice/hairs all done, make up on etc. then somebody takes a picture and when i see it (either on the night or after, on Facebook) I think to myself god, I actually looked horrible. It makes me feel horrible about myself and not wanting to go out. thing is I think some people just aren't photogenic, or they get caught at a bad angle or something :-/ I don't have any advice, just thought I'd let you know you aren't alone. x
  • Options
    I know exactly what you mean. like, I'll go on a night out feeling reasonably nice/hairs all done, make up on etc. then somebody takes a picture and when i see it (either on the night or after, on Facebook) I think to myself god, I actually looked horrible. It makes me feel horrible about myself and not wanting to go out. thing is I think some people just aren't photogenic, or they get caught at a bad angle or something :-/ I don't have any advice, just thought I'd let you know you aren't alone. x

This. I don't exactly hate what I see in the mirror - but I hate what gets captured on camera. Just a combination of flash, bad angles and sneaky people taking photos when I'm unaware. The only photos I ever like are the ones that are taken by friends that are into photography, but that's rare that it happens. What I hate most is when people see a photo you hate and go 'you look fine' then I think - well if that's how I normally look then I'm fucked. I hate it
  • Options
    I'm the same as far as being fine with what I see in the mirror but being appalled at what I see in photographs. Not too much point in getting upset about it though, it is what it is.... and I suspect what it is is that current camera technology isn't yet capable of capturing my beauty. :D
  • Options
    It becomes a bit of a self-fulfilling prophecy though. If you never like your photo taken then you'll always be hiding at the back of group shots, or be in the periphery of photos of other people, and the angle will inevitably be less flattering. Standing up tall and confident usually makes for better photographs; you'll find you look better with friends because you trust them to take decent pictures. It also helps if they're using a decent camera, as the flash on cheap cameras is normally not very flattering to people with pale skin.
  • Options
    I've tried the faking confidence approach, but I hate my smile so it really doesn't help. I tend to prefer the photos of myself where I'm not the main focal point
  • Options
    my best friends digital camera has something called 'beauty filter' haha...I'm not exactly sure what it does but it makes your skin look clearer and gives you definite flattering lighting. the only time I don't mind having my picture taken, I wish all cameras had it :D
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I'm not saying that everyone should ask one's permission before taking a photo, as photos where the subject isn't expecting it are often the best kind, but once you've made it clear that you don't like it I think people should respect that. They have no right to get angry about it.
  • Options
    That's the thing I hate, when people don't ask permission and just trust a camera in your face then get annoyed when you ask them to delete it. If I didn't ask for the photo then don't get annoyed! Just because you want a whole album of 150 photos from a singular night out to put on facebook to make it look like you had an awesome time doesn't mean we all want it to be full of bad photos of ourselves for the sake of having loads of photos