Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Health apps

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
:wave:

Has anyone here used or considered using health apps? NHS Choices have created a health apps library featuring apps for physical, mental and sexual health, for people of varying ages. I wrote an article for Step Finder, reviewing some of the apps and signposting a few which are suitable for young people.

It would be great to hear your experiences of health apps, or if you'd consider using them, as their popularity grows :)

Comments

• Options
    I have the NHS Symptom Checker app on my phone - I find it useful when I'm out and need to check something, or just to get reassurance.
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    I'm just checking them out, downloaded the WellHealth one, and it's interesting, going to give some others a check out to, thank you for sharing it :)
  • Options
    **Angel** wrote: »
    I'm just checking them out, downloaded the WellHealth one, and it's interesting, going to give some others a check out to, thank you for sharing it :)

I did it weeks ago, no comments. You miserable fuckers! :p

http://vbulletin.thesite.org/showthread.php/158137-NHS-Approved-Smartphone-Apps
  • Options
    I did it weeks ago, no comments. You miserable fuckers! :p

http://vbulletin.thesite.org/showthread.php/158137-NHS-Approved-Smartphone-Apps

Sorry, this is partly my fault
  • Options
    ella! wrote: »
    Sorry, this is partly my fault

Meh, I'm kidding. I'm just pleased that people are finding them useful.
  • Options
    Another one - mindapples only looked at it briefly but it seems interesting, makes you think.
  • Options
    I use myfitnesspal for weight loss. It's brilliant. You have a calorie goal and you can scan foods and everything. It works!
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    ella! wrote: »
    Another one - mindapples only looked at it briefly but it seems interesting, makes you think.

Fostress and I love these guys - they're creating a new app for innovation labs (same project as Madly in Love). It's called Mind's eye - you can read about it more here if you're interested :)
  • Options
    **helen** wrote: »
    Fostress and I love these guys - they're creating a new app for innovation labs (same project as Madly in Love). It's called Mind's eye - you can read about it more here if you're interested :)

This sounds really good. Any idea on the timescale of creating it?
  • Options
    Looks pretty good :)