Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Suffering with duloxetine withdrawal

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've gradually tapered down my medication on the advice of my doctor. He gave me a prescription for something else called naltrexone but I have to wait a while before the pharmacy has it in stock. I have been going hot and cold getting headaches, vertigo, electric shocks, feeling very dizzy, faint, very tired, nauseous. I've called the out of hrs doc and they seem to think its a urine infection. I know it's withdrawal symptoms, and after I go to the out of hrs clinic and the test comes back fine what's next? Any ideas? What can I do to make myself comfortable, asides just staying in bed?

Comments

• Options
    i feel for you, i went suicidal when i came off it, and constantly cried, truely awful. how are you feeling mentally? not sure what you can do to ease symptoms but rest and take painkillers.
  • Options
    I can no longer read/watch/listen anything remotely political without wanting to shout cunting Tory scum, or crying. That could either be withdrawal or the fact the world seems to becoming full or Tory scum.

I am struggling physically, in a lot of pain and crying constantly. My therapist is winding down my therapy to push me into a health psychologist. Social services aren't really taking my needs into account. But I should have my naltrexone after Friday.

How long did you have withdrawal symptoms? It's been nearly a week so far.