Home Health & Wellbeing
Ongoing maintenance - the boards are undergoing some ongoing, intermittent maintenance. Pages might load slightly slower than usual and there may be very short periods where the boards are offline.

Finding comfy yet fashionable clothes

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
I found myself crying in the changing rooms at M&S today. I was trying to find comfy trousers and bras that looked good too, and it seemed like an impossible task. I find things that are at all tight, or not soft really hard to wear. I sometimes end up in tears because of it. What do I do? I'm fed up of living in pjs and leggings, I want to look good again!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Depends what you class as comfortable, you can't get much more comfy than leggings and pj bottoms
    Yeah but they aren't exactly high fashion either! I just want to look good out of the house but not be dying of the pain
    http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_152010613745_-1 these bras are quite nice, they have no underwire :) Debenhams have a few that look comfy if you don't like those.

As for clothes, I'm not really sure what to suggest, I always go out in leggins/trackies or skinny jeans, and I have no idea what kind of clothes you like.

Maybe as the weather gets hotter you could wear leggins with a floaty dress? some nice ones here http://www.internacionale.com/womens-clothing/dresses/icat/women_dresses
    leggings and dresses are great. Who needs high fashion??

I got some great purple spotty leggings from sainsburies, and some black and white stripey ones from H&M, and i generally wear them with a black Tshirt dress (H&M) and black DMs and a cardigain and i am comfy and look fine.

for bras, i nearly always go to debenhams as theyre the only place that does big sizes for reasonable prices
    What kind of clothes give you pain and where? It's getting warmer so dresses are back in. I went to primark yesterday and picked up a nice striped cotton dress for a tenner. They had a nice polka dot one too but my size wasn't there.
    I like wearing jeans, but I can't because sitting down they cut in - doesn't matter how big they are. I find jumpers difficult to get on and off, anything that isn't baggy can be difficult. Can't seem to see that one on my mobile, but I'll have to have a look on a computer later. The problem is that I'm a 34 G and its hard enough to get any bras to fit let alone comfy ones I can put on easily.
    What about maternity jeans?
    im a 30FF/G but debenhams have a geat range.

What things do you find hard about dressing specifically? Are you after front fastening??
    i cant even remember the last time i wore jeans
    The jeggings I got from primark have a very thick waistband which digs in something chronic. But that's possibly just primark for you. Is there anywhere that does anything other than very skinny jeggings?
  • plugitinplugitin Noob Posts: 2,197 The Mix Regular
    if you wear leggings and a skirt (there are some figure-hugging ones around that are also really stretchy) plus a baggy jumper is quite in right now, would that be a possibility?
    It could be. It's silly - I'm having to change the shoes I wear so they are comfortable, easy to walk in and light. I'm short but a size 14 so I've always worn tailored clothes and I've never looked much at baggier stuff. I also need a whole new wardrobe otherwise I'll get end up wearing out a couple of things.
    i wore tunic type tops and long jumpers with leggings teamed with fluffy bed socks to wear inside my boots when i was out and about and pregnant. very comfy and i still continue to do it now unpregnant. i see lots of women wearing this style with knee high boots.

as it gets warmer swap the leggings and boots for shorts/dresses with ballerina pumps with a slouchy cardigan.