Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Payne killer stabbed

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
:D here :D

Must say I'm delighted.

Comments

• Options
    I think its disgusting....

If the prison cannot garuentee inmates in its custody are safe then they should not be allowed to keep prisoners.

I don't care what they've done, they have been put in prison as punishment. The punishment given is x years in prison, not x years in prison + stabbings + rape.

If the state cannot garuentee safty it should give prisoners the option of the prison term in exile, or something similer.

Oh, and when thinking about this don't think about this case specifically, remember that lots of people that commit reletivly minor crimes get injured, raped and emotionally scarred in prison aswell as those that commit the "big crimes".

edited cos i missed a "cannot"
  • Options
    I think its terrible...He could have been killed...That would have been a disgusting waste and an easy way out for the man. I truly hope he spends the rest of his natural life in prison..

This is the first time ive ever been happy that someones sex life is more active than my own.
  • Options
    Balddog : Isn't it odd how peopl ecan come to the same conclussions, starting from completly different standpoints.

But, has he already ben found guilty with all appeal lost? Iu didn't think he had . . . If you think this is ok (to whoever does) does this mean you're for death penalties as well?
  • Options
    I think its good that he got stabbed. if he wanted a nice safe cosy life, he shouldnt have become a child killer.
  • Options
    RainbowBrite :

3 questions :

How does him getting stabbed improve his situation (from the point of view of sociaty in general)?

How does him getting stabbed improve things for potential victims of peadiophiles in the world?

Would you're view be the same if the person stabbed was in prison for cannibis possesion / speeding / other "petty" crime?

edited to have a third question
  • Options
    1. i dont care if it improves his situation.
    2. i dont think it will have any effect on potential victims of peadophiles, except to act as more of a detterent possibly - its common knowledge that paedophiles and child killers are likely to get beaten up in prison - nobody likes a nonce apart from other nonces.
    3. no my view would not be the same for people inside for petty crime. only nonces.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    I think its good that he got stabbed. if he wanted a nice safe cosy life, he shouldnt have become a child killer.

Yeah i agree. I hope it makes him realise how much everybody hates him, and that he is going to have to watch his back for the res of his life.
  • Options
    Hey! even better idea :
    we could throw him in a pit and then members of the population could throw rocks at him until the pit is full of stones, that would let him know how much everybody hates him... right?

Or have his crime tattooed on his forehead, passport removed and the release him into central london, that way any-one that thinks they are qualified for giving justice can have a crack... right?

Its nice to know we're living in a civilised country isn't it?
  • Options
    Originally posted by cokephreak
    Its nice to know we're living in a civilised country isn't it?

In a civilised country, my friend, we have people who will abduct and kill a little girl. What say you to that?

"oh well, doesn't matter, can't do anything, because we're too civilised?"
  • Options
    Originally posted by DJP

In a civilised country, my friend, we have people who will abduct and kill a little girl. What say you to that?

Kerching :D

Bleeding hearts - cokefreak - are what people like Whiting rely on to keep them in the public arena. You asked if all his appeals have been heard. What difference does that make? He's already been found guilty - unless you advocate appeals until the decision is overturned.

I agree with Balddog, in that I hope he lives out the rest of his natural life inside, but I won't shed any tears if someone else ensures that his life should be a little shorter.

Yes, I think it is bad that a prison could not protect him, but then I feel worse that no-one could protect the little girl that he murdered and you seem to have forgotten her.

Stop feeling sorry for the scum sucking shit head.
  • Options
    No. It means he should be punished by the law of the land.

The law means he should be recieve a punishment from a judge after being found guilty by jury.

The law of the land does NOT include being stabbed while seving his punishment.

I think this man is obviously a high risk prisoner when it comes to prison violence agiasnt him, but this was still allowed to happen such a short time after his sentance has begun. He has been let down by people that are meant to be his warders.

Why is everybody focusing on who it is and the crime that he commited, and not the crime that the story was actually about? (rhetorical)
  • Options
    Hey! even better idea :
    we could throw him in a pit and then members of the population could throw rocks at him until the pit is full of stones, that would let him know how much everybody hates him... right?

Or have his crime tattooed on his forehead, passport removed and the release him into central london, that way any-one that thinks they are qualified for giving justice can have a crack... right?

hey, i agree, those would be far better than just merely stabbing him. im serious, i cant understand why youre sticking up for the guy. this guy gave up his rights when he abused and murdered that poor girl.
  • Options
    I imagine that the prison guards are pleased that in cases like this they can rely on other inmates to dole out the true justice that the `law of the land` doesnt allow.
  • Options
    MoK : Do you really think he wants to ber in the public areana? Can you think of any reason he would want to be?

The fact is that the little girl CAN be protected, but at the cost of her freedom, the same as most of us can be. Stay in. Lock the doors, bars on the windows.

The fact is the most of us would prefer freedom, thats why we live in this country. That freedom comes with a price.

RainbowBrite : I'm not sticking up for him, i'm sticking up for the justice system.

I imagine that the prison guards are pleased that in cases like this they can rely on other inmates to dole out the true justice that the `law of the land` doesnt allow.

This is worrying but almost certainly true, which i also think is disgusting. Did it occur to you that there is a reason the law of the land does not allow it?

If our laws don't deal with a particular type of criminal suficently for your (anyone) liking then write to your MP saying what you'd like to happen, with your reasons. Even better, become an MP and make it hapen yourself.

Don't stand around critising those that break laws in a "bad" way and appluding those who break laws in a "good" way.
  • Options
    No. It means he should be punished by the law of the land.

The law means he should be recieve a punishment from a judge after being found guilty by jury.

and he has been punished by the laws of the land, he did have a fair trial, he was found guilty and a judge did sentence him.
    The law of the land does NOT include being stabbed while seving his punishment.

No, you're right it was an illegal act. The person who committed it should be punished in line with the laws.

Just don't expect me to have any sympathy for Whiting.
    I think this man is obviously a high risk prisoner when it comes to prison violence agiasnt him, but this was still allowed to happen such a short time after his sentance has begun. He has been let down by people that are meant to be his warders.

Sorry, but you obviously need to remind me why he is even in there. Did the warders invite him into prison? Or is he there because he committed one of the most heinous acts possible and is therefore a victim of his own actions.
    Why is everybody focusing on who it is and the crime that he commited, and not the crime that the story was actually about? (rhetorical)

Simple really, the focus is there because many of us believe that he brought this on himself to a large extent. The person who comitted the act should be punished, just the same as he would if it was done on the outside. What you won't get many people here to do, is sympathise with a child killer.

But you already knew that. So let me ask you, why should we sympathise with him?
  • Options
    MoK:
    )i'll actually use the quote feature, as you're was formatted so well :)

and he has been punished by the laws of the land, he did have a fair trial, he was found guilty and a judge did sentence him.

AND some-one else thought they had the right to add to his punishment. i think that is wrong.
    Just don't expect me to have any sympathy for Whiting.
    I don't. I have said that prisoners should be protected from vigilanteism by the prison system. If they are not then some-thing is going very wrong.
    Simple really, the focus is there because many of us believe that he brought this on himself

I disagree. What he brought on himself was a term in prison in line with the current law. Nothing more, nothing less. If the law stated that while in prison he could be beaten up and stabbed then i would be disgusted with the law, but would not be arguing the case here.
    But you already knew that. So let me ask you, why should we sympathise with him?

When did i ask you to sympathise with him???

TO ALL :

I believe that while in prison in this country the prisoners should not be open to vigelanteism, bullying or sexual abuse from other prisoners or warders.
    DOES ANY-ONE DISAGREE WITH THIS STATEMENT???
  • Options
    I believe that while in prison in this country the prisoners should not be open to vigelanteism, bullying or sexual abuse from other prisoners or warders.
    DOES ANY-ONE DISAGREE WITH THIS STATEMENT???

I don't disagree with it, I just think it is unrealistic to expect a crime free prison. I know punishment beatings happen often ad I've never been inside, I also appreciate that ponces get the worst of it. i certainly cannot blame the prisoners from taking the opportunity which many of us would take, if he was on the outside. I cannot condemn them for that - certainly not in this case.

What you have is a building filled with violent men, some are sexual abusers, and that is what they did on the outside. Do you really expect them to completely change on the inside? Each society dictates its own rules, and prison is no exception - hence the currency of cigarettes, drugs, sexual favours etc. BUt this also affects the sense of law - while prisoners may laud someone who fucked over the system, they will come down hard of child killers.

I don't know the history of the man who carried out the attack, but I'll that he's not a petty criminal - and I'm certain that his standing in the prison community will have gone up significantly.
  • Options
    I actually find it reassuring that its almost inevitable that nonces get beaten up etc in prison. A friend of mine had her baby killed by her violent partner and although he is serving a long prison sentance - in my opinion thats not enough. these people deserve every single beating they get for what they did - not only to the child, but to the family left behind.
  • Options
    MoK : OK, we're on the same side, difference is i'm disgusted and you say "thats the way it is". Not a lot else to say on that other than we have different prioritys.

RainbowBrite : OK we disagree. I beleive in justiced administerd by the courts, you believe in justiced administerd by violent criminals.
    This can also be seen as the difference between justice and punishment.
    I can live with people having views different from my own.

I can justify this to myself by saying that you're much less likly to be wrongly imprisoned for sex offences then myself, therefore have not put yourself in the position of these people.

ALL :::

Theoretical -> If he hadn't been stabbed but killed i imagine that the general view of the board would be the same (exception of balddog, but hes always the exception), you'd see it as a good thing.

If he had killed some-one else while fighting how would people react?
    Still be a good thing? Think he should have his term increased? Would you wonder how a potentailly violent criminal has the oppertunity to do that to another human being?

This isn't going to prove anything, I'm just wondering what you think....
  • Options
    Sorry Rainbowbrite, its just occured to me that we are talking about different things.

Ignore the above post, I'm looking at this from the justice standpoint.

You're looking at revenge.
  • Options
    RainbowBrite : OK we disagree. I beleive in justiced administerd by the courts, you believe in justiced administerd by violent criminals.

I'd say that she felt this to truly be justice. That the courts don't have the power to offer what she would see as the correct punishment.

Rainbow, correct me if I'm wrong.
    Theoretical -> If he hadn't been stabbed but killed i imagine that the general view of the board would be the same (exception of balddog, but hes always the exception), you'd see it as a good thing.

It is never a bad thing when a child killer dies. I guess it comes down to degrees of "good", is it "good" that a human being is killed in a violent manner - No. is it "good" that a child killer will never have the chance to re-offend - yes.
    Would you wonder how a potentailly violent criminal has the oppertunity to do that to another human being?

Unless you plan to lock violent criminals up 24 hours a day, naked and make them eat off the floor with their hands, there will always be an opportunity and a weapon.

I used to work with an ex-prison officer who had been attacked with a toothbrush FFS.
  • Options
    Sorry Rainbowbrite, its just occured to me that we are talking about different things.

Ignore the above post, I'm looking at this from the justice standpoint.

You're looking at revenge.

definitely. I dont think there could ever be justice for abusing and killing children. Its such a natural thing to feel protective for children and I feel nothing but hatred for people who abuse children. I dont feel that revenge is unjustified. These people in prison have nothing to lose by giving the punishment that many on the outside would love to give themselves.
    when you have your own children you will not be so happy to go on about the rights of child abusers to be protected in prison.
  • Options
    I don't care for the rights of child abusers, I care that the laws and ideals of this country are upheld.

You don't like the laws then argue, harang and fight for them to be changed, or live some-place else where the laws are to your liking.
    Don't choose to live ignoring the laws.
  • Options
    I think being stabbed is too good for him, I think prison was too good for him. As many of you know I don't see capital punishment as an effective deterrent for crime. However I can think of several crimes where it would come in handy. Treason, and acts like this one.
    When he dies, let him be judged by God and sent to hell where he belongs. The quick death he would recieve at the hands of the government would be nothing compared to the eternity of suffering he would recieve in hell.
    Maybe what i've just said doesnt make any logical or rational sense, but hey, neither does raping and killing a small girl.
  • Options
    Well considering theres no such thing as hell in the biblical sense, its hardly gonna be bad for him is it. :(
  • Options
    Don't choose to live ignoring the laws.

As he did, you mean. Show me the law that condones his actions, and then whine to me when his rights are violated.

He chose to step outside the law when he committed his crime.

Why should he have it's protection now?
  • Options
    shame he survived innit:mad:
  • Options
    well theres always next time.
  • Options
    Why do you guys want to let him off so easily?
  • Options
    OK, i'm giving up on trying to pursuade you that things like human rights, legal justice and forgivness are things that matter in the least.

At least i put some effort into putting my point across, And I didn't mean to offend any-one. I cannot help what i believe.

Lets just put them in rockets and fire them into space, right ?