Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

ive just self harmed.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi ive just self harmed I would go to a&e but they will look at and just laugh coz it looks like scratches what should I do as the cuts are bleeding quite a bit. X

Comments

• Options
    Hi
    They would not laugh, the badness of the harm is not the problem, it is how you are feeling underneath. Please see someone, if it isnt a&e then at least a friend or someone who you can talk to. Make sure you clean it properly too.
    I am sorry to hear that you feel this bad about stuff. Things will get better, chin up. x
    Stacey
  • Options
    Hi MrsM, glad you came to the boards last night :)

Sometimes things can superficially look less bad than they are. Doctors and nurses should know that. If you still need medical treatment, it's not too late to see your practice nurse or go to a Minor Injuries Unit (better for cuts and burns than A&E, but you will get the same level of care) if there is one in your town.

Take care of yourself.
  • Options
    piccolo wrote: »
    Hi MrsM, glad you came to the boards last night :)

Sometimes things can superficially look less bad than they are. Doctors and nurses should know that. If you still need medical treatment, it's not too late to see your practice nurse or go to a Minor Injuries Unit (better for cuts and burns than A&E, but you will get the same level of care) if there is one in your town.

Take care of yourself.
    Right okaii so thats what explains the cuts on my leg I woke up this morning wondering why I had cuts. I would go to the miu but they will laugh me outta there. X
  • Options
    Hi
    They would not laugh, the badness of the harm is not the problem, it is how you are feeling underneath. Please see someone, if it isnt a&e then at least a friend or someone who you can talk to. Make sure you clean it properly too.
    I am sorry to hear that you feel this bad about stuff. Things will get better, chin up. x
    Stacey

They would laugh thats what they are like round this area. I dont have anyone that I can trust anymore. I did have my connexions worker but im not with him anymore.
  • Options
    They won't laugh, I went to A&E around 4 weeks ago with superficial cuts they treat you as you are, they won't judge you at all. They'll clean it up and bandage it and ask if you'd like to talk to the crisis team/psychiatrist who's on the ward at the time. If not they'll let you go.

This may help reassure you: http://www.thesite.org/healthandwellbeing/mentalhealth/selfharm/whathappensataande
  • Options
    i finally plucked up the courage and went to the docs and i got seen straight away. the nurse cleaned my cuts and put sudacrem on them. they were superficial but she said i am very lucky i dnt know what she meant by that. then where the nurse was worried she made me another appointment today to see a doctor and i saw the doctor, DR Beale was lovely i talked to her and she seemed to understand how i felt and i told her that i was seeing Dr phil Adikins which is linda's (my physciatrist) boss as i have to be assessed properly assessed. so i gotta wait until 19th april to get the proper help i need and also where i was given anti-depressants few weeks ago DR Beale told me not to take them as she says im 18 and i can get thru this with out medication. but also if i self harm again i just need to go to my docs and get checked, they seem very understanding which is strange coz they aint normally lol. but i just want to say thanks for your support piccolo i wouldnt of thought or gone to the docs without u telling me and making me see sense so thank you. x
  • Options
    Hi MrsM

So glad to hear that you had the courage to go - and even more glad that they were understanding. At least you know that there's somewhere you can go and people that will listen without judging if you need that.

It sounds like you've got a bit of a wait now until you see anyone, which must be frustrating for you, but try to hang in there and remember that you're doing all the right things to get the help you need.

Take care *hug*
  • Options
    but right now i feel like getting into my car and drive and cut myself so much. why do i feel so bad like this?