Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

tiny problem

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hey well i've just sprained my ankle, im in boarding school so the best done is strapping and iceman... any advice would be fantastic:hyper:

Comments

• Options
    Hi Bell :wave:

I found this info on the NHS website that might be useful...
    Most sprains and strains can usually be treated with self-care techniques, such as PRICE therapy - protection, rest, ice, compression and elevation.
    Generally, you should keep moving a sprained joint but immobilise a sprained muscle. You should see your GP if you are in severe pain, or if the injury is not improving or getting worse.
    Painkillers can be used to help ease any pain, and stronger ones may be prescribed if you have a serious injury.
    Read more about how sprains and strains are diagnosed and treating sprains and strains.
    Most people will be able to resume normal activities within six to eight weeks. Severe muscle strains may take longer.

Check out the link below too for more info.

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/sprains/Pages/Introduction.aspx

Hope you feel better soon.

Phil :thumb:
  • Options
    i'm unable to have access to a doc or anything, not sure if its the ligments or tendons or what but my house mistress said she'll keep a close eye cause it looked like it was gonna be bruising badly ... thanks Phil :D