Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

just feeling so bottled up

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i try so hard but i cant do it.. i fake smile all day long. i cant keep up th act of 'im so happy' i dont want to self harm because if i do i'll feel guilty and self harm more... im such a mess right now :banghead:
Custard. x

Comments

• Options
    Hi Custardo_Duck :wave:

I am sorry you are feeling like this *hug* Is there a reason why you have to feel you have to put a fake smile on? I used to feel I always had to put a fake smile on for people just so they wouldn't say anything but one day someone who knew me well turned round and said 'if you do not feel happy today then you need to show it, don't let other people make you feel of putting a happy face on'. On that day I decided stuff everybody else and show them when I am not happy. :)

It's good that you recognise that you do not want to self harm and finding the strength not to give in :heart:

By the way I like your user name how did you think of that one?

Keep us posted of how you are and remember we are here for you.

purple_rain
  • Options
    thanks

sorry i didnt get back to you sooner loadsa stuff happened with self harm the last few days and i couldnt get on the computer. Thanks for you advice.. the reasong i am always fake smiles is because no one understands when i explain to them why i feel sad. so i just thought what the point in looking sad if no one cares... oh and thank yh my username is pretty random lol, its just kinda random lol xD
  • Options
    I've been depressed about 4 years now and had mental health problems and been self harming since i was about 8 and can say i've encountered a lot of different opinions. I think it depends who you're talking to. Professionals who know about mental health take a different view on it to most GP's and friends and family.
    I personally think counselling is a good thing to try because you can first of all see if that work and if talking threw your problems or doing different types of counselling like CBT work and then if it doesn't they will know what's best for you to try.
    Tbh a lot of people who are sad put on a fake smile, i do it every day because to tell everyone your not fine firstly is just pointless because a majority of them wouldn't care and secondly i think its a bit of a self denial that something's in fact wrong.

If you wanna quit self harming this site http://www.recoveryourlife.com/index.php?categoryid=148 i've found useful when i tried to and i know a lot of people who have found it useful as well, even if not to quit but to put things into perspective.

Tc :)
  • Options
    Sorry to hear.
    I understand how you feel. I have to keep a whole secret world inside and not show a thing. Im not sure if this suggestion will help but i really hope it does - to get inner feelings out you could try doing sport like trampolining or running to try to get some anger or feelings out. You could try somehting creative so you have an aim and something to work towards to distract also, like painting or making something.That is what i do and sometimes it works :).
    Hope I helped at least a bit
    Stacey x