Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

shrinking

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hiya this is strange but its really scaring me. im 18 and last year i was 6ft and now i got mesured today and im 5ft8 ive lost 4 inches because of my bones crumbling they cant do the op because i am over weight and my b/p is too high gotta leave it for 6 months now but i feel i will be in a wheelchair by then. :(:(

Comments

• Options
    Hi MrsMcelderry

Big hugs, this much be really upsetting for you *hug*

What have the doctors said about your loss of height? Is there anything else that can help in the meantime while you wait for you op - some kind of physiotherapy for example?

It must be really stressful being made to wait so long for an op, but it sounds like there are good health reasons for having to wait. Have the doctors given you any help or support in how you can sensibly lose the weight you need to in order to have the op?

Spanner
  • Options
    spanner wrote: »
    Hi MrsMcelderry

Big hugs, this much be really upsetting for you *hug*

What have the doctors said about your loss of height? Is there anything else that can help in the meantime while you wait for you op - some kind of physiotherapy for example?

It must be really stressful being made to wait so long for an op, but it sounds like there are good health reasons for having to wait. Have the doctors given you any help or support in how you can sensibly lose the weight you need to in order to have the op?

Spanner

they just said its to do with my bones crumbling im losing height.
    it is really stressful as it was planned to be done in 6 weeks. i need to get my b/p down first and then they are going to put me on a strict gym plan so it doesnt affect to much on my knees and that and just go from there.

MrsM