Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Question for people that exparts and knows about Helf-harming

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I feel silly asking this question about self-harming.

Beause a few of my freinds self-harms, i dont know who to deal with it. If they self-harms what do i do to stop it form bleeding before taking then to A+E. i been stuck in the middle and dont know what to do or adivice them. i adviced them to to go to A+E. They wont go then the next question is what do i do to stop it from bleeding :P iam like not sure. it makes me cry when i see my freinds that iam close to that self-harm :l. I dont like to see people in pain and the deepness they do it. Is it right to be worried about them ive tryed to advice iam running out of ideas. it really upsets me and makes me thing so i have to putr up with it. But i want to be there for my mates and support like a mate i feel so useless now i ran out of ideas for them and makes me feel bad. It makes me also to back off and hang around them just incarese someone says err look at her she hangs round with some one that self harms and then it makes me feel really bad and upsets me :P

Comments

• Options
    Hi there Heather. Our experts were posting in a specific thread - this one that you might find it helpful to have a look at.
    If they self-harms what do i do to stop it form bleeding before taking then to A+E. i been stuck in the middle and dont know what to do or adivice them. i adviced them to to go to A+E. They wont go

It's good that you want to look after your friends - but remember that you can't make anyone do anything. All you can do is suggest what might be best. We've got a good article which has some First Aid tips if you want to help them stop the bleeding.
    it makes me cry when i see my freinds that iam close to that self-harm :l. I dont like to see people in pain and the deepness they do it. Is it right to be worried about them ive tryed to advice iam running out of ideas. it really upsets me and makes me thing so i have to putr up with it. But i want to be there for my mates and support like a mate i feel so useless now i ran out of ideas for them and makes me feel bad. It makes me also to backoff and hang around them just incarese someone says err look at her she hangs round with some one that self harms and then it makes me feel really bad and upsets me :P

You have to make sure you are able to look after yourself too Heather. You can only do so much for a friend, they have to want to help themselves too. Have a look at this answer to a question on supporting a friend who self harms for some more suggestions.

Hugs *hug*
  • Options
    Fostress wrote: »
    Hi there Heather. Our experts were posting in a specific thread - this one that you might find it helpful to have a look at.

It's good that you want to look after your friends - but remember that you can't make anyone do anything. All you can do is suggest what might be best. We've got a good article which has some First Aid tips if you want to help them stop the bleeding.

You have to make sure you are able to look after yourself too Heather. You can only do so much for a friend, they have to want to help themselves too. Have a look at this answer to a question on supporting a friend who self harms for some more suggestions.

Hugs *hug*

awwwwwww hugs back *hug* At lest that we both in the same boat :D

Thanks for that frostress. Ur a star. Its makes me really depressed and then itmakes me what to self-harm and i dont want to do it. I got to the point now i cont help but then i really dont want to let my mates down thenthwey wont speak to me ever again i dont want that :( Thanks again x Ur one of the bestist mods going. (Heather give frostress a gold star u desive it. U do make me smile :D)
  • Options
    Thanks Heather - glad it helped :)
  • Options
    :D hug from me to u frostress*hug**hug*