Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Diagnosed Psycosis-like but not recieving help or guidance.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi, I suffer from hallucinations, hearing voices and seeing things and i believe that I am dreaming and need to wake up. I hear the other real world and have also been told my beliefs are not true. I have difficulty holding on to reality and this is a very rare moment where I am not completely out of it. Just wondering if anyone has any advice, stories to share or help for me as I have not been given much.
Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    Hi Stacey - welcome :wave:

Well done for reaching out for help. You say you have been diagnosed but that you haven't been given much further support. Does your doctor/psychiatrist know how much you are struggling? It might be worth going back/calling them and asking for more help.

You might also find it helpful to have a look at this site - Voice Collective - which offers peer support for people who see, hear or sense things others don't.

Big hugs *hug*
  • Options
    Have you spoken to your GP, family or friends? It sounds like you urgently need to seek help.

In the meanwhile, try to keep stimulating physical sensations - exercise, make things with your hands, smell nice calming things, etc.
  • Options
    Thank you for your reply, really helps.
    The psyciatrist told me not to come back though. I guess they did miss out alot of detail, it is hard to communicate with them. You dont happen to know a different way of getting help in person.
    Thanks for the hugs :)
  • Options
    Ask to see another psychiatrist, tell them you find it difficult, and maybe write down your problems before hand