Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

should I or shouldnt I?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ive been told that I need an op on my knees and legs coz they aint straight so they need to break them and put braces on them to make them straight again. Aldo they have said if I dont go ahead ill end up in a wheelchair but if the op goes wrong ill be in a wheelchair what should I do im so scared.

Comments

• Options
    ok, well, on the one hand you WILL end up in a wheelchair if you DON'T have an operation. On the other hand you MIGHT end up in a wheelchair if you DO have an operation.

Have they told you how likely MIGHT is? Personally, I'd have the operation.
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Hello

It's really your choice weather you go through the operation or not, there are negatives, as well as positives, guess you do have to look at it fromt he way Fiend says it, you might be put in the wheel chair in the operation doesn't happen, but then if it does happen and goes wrong, (Which is unlikely) you might still be in a wheel chair, as I said, it's your choice really and I'm with Fiend if I was you, I would go for it ;)

Best wishes
    Angel :)
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote: »
    ok, well, on the one hand you WILL end up in a wheelchair if you DON'T have an operation. On the other hand you MIGHT end up in a wheelchair if you DO have an operation.

Have they told you how likely MIGHT is? Personally, I'd have the operation.

I know but im really scared. They said its 40-60 chance of not being in a wheelchair after the op.
  • Options
    Which is it? 40% chance of being in a wheelchair, or 60% chance of being in a wheelchair, you've not been very clear.