Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

results day, i'm shitting myself!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
ok for the first time in my life im actually worried bout results day; last yr i was like yeh watever n same with gcse's.. but now im really really stressing, big time.. :( im taking a gap year and got a place on the Deloitte & Touche gap yr scholorship programme; i need 3B's.. ive already got an A in economics, and shuld get one for physics but im not too confident.. and then theres maths, fucken maths which i think ive got like an F.. i hate the fucken subject n i havent done well atlall.. urgh.. plus i doubt ill get into warwick cos of it cos i need AAB sos im ranting, but im scared.. wat happens if i dont get the grade requirements for the gap yr scheme, ill end up not goin 2 uni and not having anything constructive 2 do in my gap yr!!!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    you can be a dosser like me:D
  • Options
    lol mate, trust u 2 give some gd advice :D ah its all gd tho.. had a little talk with my parents, got a bit of reassurment, now i can go out n enjoy myself without stressing
  • Options
    Don't worry I am in sort of the same boat! I need ABBB for medicine, (I already have one B in psychology) and because I have repeated my AS year due to illness, this is my last chance because I don't want to have to justify why I missed the grades.

There is nothing you can do about the results, so I know it's hard but try to enjoy the last few days.

Students are the worst at judging how they did in exams! (Believe me, I know!)

If you don't get the results you want, there is always a way, you will always have other choices. Just think of it as one door closes another one opens, or something like that! :)

Good luck xxx
  • Options
    Ooooh yep, only 12 days till results day now... *is shitting himself too*

I propose that they shouldn't annouce when the results come out, they should just send them out in the post, on a random date, then no-one would be stressing.. :D Maybe not..

Anyway, I'm sure that you won't have done as badly as you think you have done and even if you do, then I'm sure that there will be other options open to you. *Dreads having to go through Clearing* :D But I don't think I'll have too, no wait, I won't it's just damn exam nerves.. *reassures self*
  • Options
    i get my standard grade results on the 13th :(:(:(

2 days before i go back to school
    i did so crap in my maths and chemistry

Good luck everybody:)
  • Options
    I know how you all feel. I need ABB to do History at the LSE, but on the bright side I only need 2 E's for Queen Mary, my insurance, and because of my AS's all I had to do was write my name on this year's papers. But there's a reason it's second choice, and I don't know where that A is gonna come from. But it's in the hands of the Gods now.
  • Options
    I'm really not shitting it, I actually can't wait to get them. I need 3 B's to go to Lancaster, and unless something drastic went wrong then I should get that fine. For once I put a lot of work into my exams and I'm looking forward to seeing if it paid off.
    Students are the worst at judging how they did in exams!

Despite having said what I just said (I'll probably end up failing them all), this is so, so right. For my AS's I got 3 A's and a B and that was totally out of nowhere, I really really didn't expect it...It's just impossible to predict, so really it's not worth worrying over.

Good luck everyone :)