Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

For those who don't smoke, why not?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just wondering what has kept or now keeps you from smoking cigarettes?

I don't smoke, thank goodness...

...when I was 12, my best friend had started smoking. One day, I asked her to let me try her cigarette, she just laughed-I'm quite the little angel. Kept me from smoking then and I still haven't touched one. Thanks pal, wherever you are(both her parents died of AIDS that year and her and her 7 sisters and brothers were split up with family around the country). SAPPY, I KNOW.

Comments

• Options
    *she and her 7...*
  • Options
    i went throught this little phase when i was bout 12-13.. nothing more than a few; and those were given 2 me by mates.. then one day i went n got my own 20 pack; was just about 2 open it n something stopped me.. duno what it was but it just didnt feel right..and from that day i havent bought another pack ever.

but worryingly ive recently started smoking a lot when i go out; still all provided by mates (theyre so generous)
  • Options
    I always hated smoking, still do, but then I've started smoking socially quite alot and enjoy it :confused:
  • Options
    lol coz its sickens me, literally.

Holding a pack of cigarettes, holding a cigarette, smell of it just makes me feel sick to my gut.

Hate smoking joints, only do it coz it fucks me up
  • Options
    Fags

Smoking joints is my favourite way of getting stoned, but I've never smoked tobacco heavily. I had the odd one with a mate before and didn't find it too bad, but I couldn't really see the point. Just seemed to cost too much and not give much.

greenfields.
  • Options
    i remember my 1st cig like it waz yesterday actually, it waz last year. i'd gone swimmin with my best/f and i found some. so i showed em to her then, we smoked them. a week later i kinda stopped then started when i was depressed. but this year it seems i forgot all about cigs. my mate hasn't. i guess it's just a phase.. :(:(:(:(
  • Options
    I smoke far too many fags whilst pilled up and when I'm out with friends i have one two crafty fags. Dirty habbit really.
  • Options
    Re: Fags
    Originally posted by Greenfields
    Smoking joints is my favourite way of getting stoned

Really ? How novel :D
  • Options
    I've never smoked and i'm glad I haven't, for those that have, why? It Screws up your lungs, makes your fingers go yellow and shortens your life! They also cost a hell of a lot and the companies put in literally hundreds of chemicals to make them more addictive. I've been offered cigarettes by friends many times, but I've never tried because I don't want to even risk getting lung cancer and dying at 30. Something else that also has prevented me from smoking is that my mum has offered me a large sum of money if I get to 18 without having smoked.
    I suggest you try that with your parents if you've never smoked, it works, believe me.
  • Options
    I haven't smoked for the following reasons:

- people who do smoke stink to high heaven, and I didn't want to!
    - people who smoke look at least ten years older than they are, and I didn't want to!
    - smokers' cough is disgusting
    - it is a very selfish habit - it physically harms other people as much as or more than it harms the smoker
    - it kills
    - it's expensive
    - any peer pressure to smoke that I may have experienced, I resisted
    - it basically looks and smells disgusting and is a complete turn-off in a person
  • Options
    I haven't smoked for the following reasons:

- people who do smoke stink to high heaven, and I didn't want to!
    - people who smoke look at least ten years older than they are, and I didn't want to!
    - smokers' cough is disgusting
    - it is a very selfish habit - it physically harms other people as much as or more than it harms the smoker
    - it kills
    it's expensive
    - any peer pressure to smoke that I may have experienced, I resisted
    - it basically looks and smells disgusting and is a complete turn-off in a person
  • Options
    To all you smokers, you really do smell, and if you looking for a b/f g/f, then it really doesn't help.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Fags
    Originally posted by ebb

Really ? How novel :D

*giggles*

I reeeeeeally can't smoke cigs, they just make me splutter all over the place. Plus I don't want to in the least; the worst thing about going with my dad to folk nights and ceilidhs as a child was not being able to breathe and having watering eyes because of the smokers that packed the place, and I don't want to put other kids through that. Plus I value my singing voice above every other talent I have.

I can handle joints though, for some strange reason. As long as I don't cough with the first draw I'm fine. :)
  • Options
    Ive never really seen the point in smoking cigs. Tho strangely i quite like the smell. Even more strangely i have little problem smoking joints. Must just be weird!