Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Panic Attack

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Having a panic attack that I can't get control of...scaring me a little

Comments

• Options
    Hi Whitelillies,

I am sorry to hear that you felt scared earlier due to having a panic attack, this must of been very distressing for you, especially as you felt that you couldn't control it. Do you normally feel a certain element of control when you have a panic attack ? Were there any triggers that could of caused the onset of this ?.

Please always feel that you can post on The Site and remember we are always here for you.

Let us know how things are going for you.*hug*

B.
  • Options
    I can normally regain some control over them by distracting myself or focusing on what caused it to put it in perspective but I couldn't do that last night and it frightens me when I can't.

There were a few things to have set it off but feeling more calmer this morning...
  • Options
    Does your doc know about your panic attacks sweetheart? How's the practical doc/counselling side of things going?
  • Options
    Yeah I have told them on a few occasions - they don't really give me any advice though - just that its normal given the circumstances! Haven't spoken to either recently...Have been talking to my Manager though so she knows what is going on.