Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Kitten Emergency!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Riotkitten (aka Loki) has been sick about 5 times and he's now shaking like a leaf. I've called the emergency vet (before he was shaking) and they said it sounded like he could just have an upset tummy but that they would see him to just make sure because it could be more serious. They charge £96 + treatment costs. I don't really have that but I'm getting really worried now that he's shaking.

Should I bite the bullet and take him or will he be ok till the morning? I've given him water and wrapped him in a blanket to keep him warm.

His insurance covers emergency treatment but they want paying up front!!!

Comments

• Options
    Miss_Riot wrote: »
    Riotkitten (aka Loki) has been sick about 5 times and he's now shaking like a leaf. I've called the emergency vet (before he was shaking) and they said it sounded like he could just have an upset tummy but that they would see him to just make sure because it could be more serious. They charge £96 + treatment costs. I don't really have that but I'm getting really worried now that he's shaking.

Should I bite the bullet and take him or will he be ok till the morning? I've given him water and wrapped him in a blanket to keep him warm.

His insurance covers emergency treatment but they want paying up front!!!

Personally I'd take him but I'm extremely cautious with cats. He's still very young isn't he?

Have you asked the vet if you can part-pay or something? Or tried a different vets? Does the pdsa do emergencies?
  • Options
    If he's taking water then at least he's not going to get dehydrated, if he wasn't taking water I would be more worried. I'm no expert on cats though
  • Options
    The vets need payment in full. My normal vets are the local PDSA pets. He is drinking, but he has been sick even more - it's just bile now. He's asleep now so fingers crossed he'll be ok in the morning
  • Options
    How is he now Miss_Riot?
  • Options
    He woke up full of beans, he's well hydrated and hasn't been sick since. If he starts being ill again I'll take him but I think it was just a tummy bug.
  • Options
    Miss_Riot wrote: »
    He woke up full of beans, he's well hydrated and hasn't been sick since. If he starts being ill again I'll take him but I think it was just a tummy bug.

:d so happy to hear he's well :)
  • Options
    I don't think it was anything around the house that he ate, and the food was all in date. He had his jabs on Monday so I guess it could have been to do with those.