Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Migraines

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Getting them every day. sensitive to light and sound. feel sick. clumsy and finding it difficult to walk. seeing sparks, flashing lines, shadows, seeing inanimate objects move about. feel weak in arms and legs. sharp pains, throbbing, dizziness, vertigo. panic attacks, rage, irritability. the symptoms seem endless.
gp gave me some pills to prevent them but they made me feel worse, like i was severely hungover. needless to say, after 3 days i've stopped taking them.
wondering if it's a change in antidepressants, made it worse? brought the headaches back, but now they're worse.
i'm always ill. it never gets any better.

Comments

• Options
    Hey Nutter :wave:

Sorry hear you are suffering with these migraines huge hugs to you *hug*

It could possibly well be the change in your medication, has these symptoms appeared since you have been on new antidepressants?

You could go back to your G.P and explain the medication they gave you didn't help much and ask if there is anything else they can give you? Also you can ask if the change in your meds can affect you in this way?

I hope this helps :heart:

purple_rain
  • Options
    I agree with purple_rain and think you should go back to your GP and see what they can do.

It can sometimes take a while for your body to get used to a change in medication, so it could be that, but don't take my word for it as I'm not a professional.

Could it be anything else like a lack of sleep, a sudden drop in sugar intake, or maybe a virus?

Seems like a pretty obvious thing to do, but I would say to stay in bed and try to sleep as much as possible, take some painkillers with some food, keep warm, and make sure to drink plenty of water.