Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Overdosing/Self Harm

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I often have suicidal thoughts and self harm as a coping mechanism and it's usually when I'm feeling low and horrible. But yesterday I took an overdose and I wasn't even having suicidal thoughts, and today I went to shops bought a large amount of pills, and when I got home I ended up self harming...but 5 minutes before I was feeling happy..Its like, I'm overdosing and harming myself for no apparent reason...Now I feel really stupid and like a fuck up...

Comments

• Options
    Sorry to hear that Em.

I can relate to this cos I have been there where I have taken an overdose and not even known why I have done it. I could be perfectly fine, and then the next minute overdosing. I don't know why I do it.

Have you thought about speaking to somebody, your GP maybe?

It sounds like it's quite distressing for you at the minute, but I can assure you, that your not a fuck up.
  • Options
    Emmalee wrote: »
    Its like, I'm overdosing and harming myself for no apparent reason...Now I feel really stupid and like a fuck up...

I'm really sorry to hear that Emmalee. I know how are you feeling, sometimes I used to s/h for no reason. Than i would feel really bad.
  • Options
    I've spoken to my GP but he didn't seem to care...I actually don't think he did, he's always diagnosing me with disorders and whatnots and then goes "oh you need to speak to hannah when you get a referral through"
  • Options
    Remember, if you're not happy with your GP you can always ask to change. :)
    There is a video somewhere on the NHS choices website about this.
  • Options
    Theres no point changing doctors just yet...as in around 6 weeks I will be living about 150 miles away