Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Mental Health Support, Self referals

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello Guys..

I know there is services for people with problems with mental health, but I know most of them you have to be referred by a GP.

I am just wondering if anybody knows of any services that you can self refer yourself too?

Thank you for reading :)

Comments

• Options
    It depends where you are located but often town and cities have counselling charities where it is possible to contact them directly and they will assess your needs and arrange something. Try googling counselling charity and your local town/city.
  • Options
    Thank you so much for your reply :)

I will do that.
  • Options
    Hiya
    Just to say that Mind has local centres - you can search for your nearest one here. If you don't have one near to you, they also have a helpline - 0300 123 3393 - I'm sure they'd be able to advise you on self referrals and other kind of treatment.

Hope this helps
    Spanner
  • Options
    There is a mind near me, thank you :)
  • Options
    Also, it might be worth checking out thesite's local advice finder. On the homepage of www.thesite.org it is in a box on the right hand side. You put in your postcode or location and what you need help with e.g. and it brings up all kinds of services, most but not all of which accept self referals.

:)
  • Options
    Thank you so much :)
  • Options
    I was going to suggest Mind. When I was moving around a lot they were brilliant. And had craft classes, everyone's a winner...