Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What shampoo and conditioner do you use?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've been using pantene colour protect and smooth for a while, I try other brands every now and then but always find myself coming back to this. Leaves my hair super smooth and feeling light and clean.

Just wondering what everyone else uses?

Comments

• Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    I use Herbal Essences, I also use Pantene, there the only ones my hair can handle, or my hair just ends up frizzy! But Herbal Essence is really good and worth a try to! (Green one)
  • Options
    I love the smell of herbal essences but my hair never got on with it sadly :(
  • Options
    Tressemme colour protect thingy conditioner, and shampoo. It's really cheap, two huge bottles for like £3 does wonders for my hair.
  • Options
    I've been using head and shoulders. It wasnt mine but i picked it up one day in the shower because there was nothing else left and I was well impressed! my hair is so fine it's the only one that makes it seem really clean. so not just for flaky scalps ha. I use Pantene conditioner.
  • Options
    I always use shampoo from Lush... never use conditioner it makes my hair go manky. Currently using Snow Fairy which is the pink one they bring out at christmas, I leave it in for 10/15 minutes.
  • Options
    Mainly use the Herbal Essences perfect curls stuff.

The water type seems to make more difference to how my hair comes out than the shampoo does.
  • Options
    I use the Lush beige or purple shampoo bars, 'cos I like the smell.
  • Options
    Own brand from the supermarket. The shampoo says that it's 'Arabic egg' shampoo...
  • Options
    Herbal Essences Perfect Hydration
  • Options
    Tesco 2 in 1 anti dandruff
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote: »
    I've been using pantene colour protect and smooth for a while, I try other brands every now and then but always find myself coming back to this. Leaves my hair super smooth and feeling light and clean.

Just wondering what everyone else uses?

For me the best color protection shampoo is one called pro naturals moroccan argan oil shampoo/conditioner. I got them online and woooow they make my hair so soft and shiny it's unbelievable! Plus I read that sulfate free, argan oil shampoos preserve hair color better. I used to use Pantene but I read a lot on how bad it is for hair so...: / Not using them anymore, I'm sticking to the natural one now.
  • Options
    I use a purple shampoo bar from Lush.
  • Options
    These days i am using tea three oil because my hair it's really oily, I hate it actually.:( I use pantene and Herbal Essences sometimes too i love the smell of them both. :)
  • Options
    I'm currently using a Timotei shampoo for normal/greasy hair and Alberto Balsam Juicy Green apple conditioner for normal/greasy hair.
    I also use Vosene once a week.
  • Options
    Starry nightStarry night Posts: 674 Incredible Poster
    Herbal Essences stuff- The red one
  • Options
    Naked body building shampoo and volumising conditioner. Its the only one my local boots sell that isn't tested on animals!
  • Options
    Lush I Love Juicy and Veganese.

A little goes a long way, so even though it's expensive, it lasts.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Another vote for natural based shampoos from me - which is ironic because I have to use them to keep my hair in condition based on how much crap I pump into it (Bleach my hair every 8-12 weeks). My hair is actually in better condition now than it ever was when I was a brunette and that's definitely down to shampoo. What it will be like in 5-10 years time though, I dread to think! :razz:
  • Options
    I do want to switch to a natural/cruelty free brand but yet to find one that leaves my hair as soft and clean as pantene. I mostly use cruelty free stuff in the rest of my beauty routine but hair care is my main enemy at the moment
  • Options
    I use Redken. Mainly all soft, blonde glam or extreme.

lush :yes:
  • Options
    alberto balsam shampoo and conditioner in raspberry
  • Options
    plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    Lush I love juicy, then either tea-tree superdrug conditioner, bodyshop amilka or some french stuff depending on the state of my hair.

Have also been struggling with more 'natural' products but I have a few lined up :)
  • Options
    Kerastase is also very good
  • Options
    im a haircare slut and will use whatever is either on offer or whichevers fancy packaging appeals to me at the time.

Even if i really like one, i always mix it up or my hair seems to get used to it and it stops being as good.

At the moment ive got that paraben free loreal one on the brown tubes. - JUST CHECKED, ITS CALLED eversleek. Its basic and not worth the fiver or so it costs per tube
    Ive also got bedhead shampoo in the green bottles. Control freak. reduced in TKmaxx, but its pretty crap considering the extortionate price, and smells like artificial sweets which im not keen on. You dont always get what you pay for and i won t buy bedhead again.
    I quite often go back to Lush - cynthia sylvia stout, with american cream conditioner, but if i use that, i need to put a stronger conditioner in it once a week or so. usually h'suan wen hua hair mask. I love the smell

More often than not though, i have a quick 2 in one shapoo/cond as im washing my hair in a hurry before the school run, and its a clairol one from the 99p shop which is fine
  • Options
    Think I'm going to try a lush shampoo bar as soon as I'm in town next. Need something new to review and I like the lack of packaging, get sick of big bottles taking up space in my case when travelling.
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote: »
    Think I'm going to try a lush shampoo bar as soon as I'm in town next. Need something new to review and I like the lack of packaging, get sick of big bottles taking up space in my case when travelling.

:yes:

You need to let them dry before you put it away in the tin, though, I ruined one by putting it away wet. Bit of a flaw when you're travelling in a rush...
  • Options
    piccolo wrote: »
    :yes:

You need to let them dry before you put it away in the tin, though, I ruined one by putting it away wet. Bit of a flaw when you're travelling in a rush...

How do you dry them just leave them on a flannel or something? I keep my stuff in my room anyway
  • Options
    Just like a soap, so on a flat surface like the edge of the bath or a sink is fine
  • Options
    I'll have to stick in on something in my room, nowhere to put it in the bathroom without it getting wet. I'm excited, just need money first
  • Options
    One of those soap dishes that would stick to a mirror would do.