Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

An old user with a new life...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi, I'm NeverEndingFall;

I have made a few posts over the years as i have dealt with depression, the urge to self harm and an anxiety disorder that kept me prisoner of my own home for 7 months.

I struggles a lot with self esteem, i thought i was in loveable and undeserving. I was scared of the out side world, i was scared that no one would like me because of the mistakes i have made in life and i contantly struggled with the thought and pleasure of death. I have had some very wonderful people support me on here, messages just to check i'm ok and generosity that has helped me through all my tough times.
If you read through my old posts you will realise the trials and tribulations i have been through.....

But i can now proudly say that i am living alone for the first time, i am out the family home and doing better than ever. I regularly see friends and even though i still have confidence issues, i know feel like i can make a life for myself. I haven't self harmed in 3 years, i don't own a blade anymore and i no longer want to kill myself.
I see the hope and beauty in every day. I get up every morning excited when i use to be so afraid. I can look at myself in the mirror and not only deal with the person that i am, but i now respect myself for everything i have been through.

So please don't give up on yourself or on your life because the journey really is the destination, the dice was loaded from the start. No one is perfect or pure, but you are worth love, respect and happiness. I never thought i would live to see 17 and i'm 20 this year.
What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us....trust me.

Comments

• Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    This is a very positive post to read NeverEndingFall, were proud of you, well done, and we'll always be here for you!

Keep us updated on how you are doing :) And confidence will be something you will slowly to be able to build, but as I said, where here for you! Sounds like things are really positive at the moment :)

Best of luck with everything :)
  • Options
    Thank you, that means a lot. You have been one of the people that has helped me through my hardest times so i am very great-full :)
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Thank you, that means a lot. You have been one of the people that has helped me through my hardest times so i am very great-full :)

I'm glad I've been able to help, you seem like a very strong person, keep it up :) Hope your doing okay tonight *hug*
  • Options
    Hi It's good to hear that everything is great now :) I'm really happy for you.
  • Options
    thank you :)
  • Options

But i can now proudly say that i am living alone for the first time, i am out the family home and doing better than ever. I regularly see friends and even though i still have confidence issues, i know feel like i can make a life for myself. I haven't self harmed in 3 years, i don't own a blade anymore and i no longer want to kill myself.

Amazing! Glad you're doing better now :)