Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

diabetes

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i got to go for some tests i might have diabetes and iam really scared i dont want to have it doctors think i might havve it :(

What is it like to have diabetes

Comments

• Options
    I thought you were having an operation?
  • Options
    Annaarrr!!Annaarrr!! Posts: 876 Part of The Mix Family
    It's difficult but it becomes a way of life once you get used to it. Kinda like when you first start your periods, cept takes longer to get into the routine and you've gotta be a bit more careful :D
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote: »
    I thought you were having an operation?

yes iam as iam getting tested for that too
  • Options
    yes iam as iam getting tested for that too

Sounds routine to me... Don't worry.
  • Options
    Hey heather, you might find this info about Diabetes useful to read. Diabetes can't be cured but it can be treated very successfully :)

http://www.thesite.org/healthandwellbeing/generalhealth/healthatoz/diabetes
  • Options
    thanks jo ur a star

may i have a jo hug please
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    2 of my Ex's had diabetes, they were able to do average things really, or what the pleaded to do, one of my Ex's found it quiet difficult to control his anger at times, I guess it varies on the person really, but you could also ask your GP if you needed more information on Diabetes,

Ooh, and best of luck with your operation, it can be quiet daunting going in for operations, but trust me, you'll be fine and it's likely to be worth it. But as Jo said, Diabetes can be treated quiet easily, for example with Insulin, how about also checking the NHS information page out.

But then, if you are diabetic, I'm sure your Doctor will go over it with you, I wouldn't worry to much until you get your blood test results back etc...

*hug*'s - Do keep reaching out to us.
  • Options
    i got to go for some tests i might have diabetes and iam really scared i dont want to have it doctors think i might havve it :(

What is it like to have diabetes

There is a documentary on YouTube called raw for 30 Days where they took a group of Americans with diabetes and made then eat nothing but raw, uncooked vegetables for 30 days - every single one of them saw huge improvements in their diabetes. Almost all of then didn't need their insulin any more and one guy was taking 17 different pills a day, didn't need to take anything any more.
  • Options
    If you are going to do anything like that, see a doctor about it first. As for diabetes it can be an entirely manageable thing. I have a number of friends who have it and manage to lead perfectly normal lives. There is also every chance that you don't have it either. As for anger issues, whilst possibly related to low blood sugar levels, it is more likely that its related to an issue with handling anger rather than the diabetes.
  • Options
    I have relatives with diabetes and one of them came close to loosing many of their teeth because the diabetes effects every part of the body that has a blood supply including the gums of the mouth, they were told at a very young age they might need to have all their teeth pulled out and replaced with dentures because the diabetes was affecting their gums so badly.

I have done my own research into it and I believe there is a lot of evidence to support the belief that human beings are not meant to eat large amounts of meat and that they are mainly supposed to eat vegetables, fruits, nuts, seeds and grains with maybe just a little bit of meat.

I am by no means a vegetarian .. I each lots of meat and I can imagine how hard it would be for me to give up meat whilst I live in a household full of meat eaters.

I believe there are two things you can do to help yourself if you have diabetes, firstly become a Vegetarian or eat more vegetables and fruits but especially raw things like tomatoes, carrots, etc

If all that is too hard you could buy digestive enzyme tablets which would help you break down the meat in your diet ... I have tried using digestive Enzymes with every meal over the last two weeks and have to say I noticed a big difference in my digestion. Everything worked a lot smoother. Also I noticed I slept a lot better and when I wake in the morning I'd normally be really puffy and I wasn't. My sinuses seemed to have cleared up a lot and I breath a lot better.

Most Diabetics are simply taught to watch their sugar but I believe there is a lot more to Diabetes then sugar intake.

Do you own research - YouTube is a great place to find video's uploaded by people that have shared their experiences of difference medical conditions and what has worked for them.
  • Options
    I have always found that self medicating by searching on the internet can be quite dangerous. Yes diabetes is more about just what sugar you take in etc, but as much as people like to think the in-vogue thing these days is to dismiss medical opinion, I would trust it over the internet.
  • Options
    G-Raffe wrote: »
    I have always found that self medicating by searching on the internet can be quite dangerous. Yes diabetes is more about just what sugar you take in etc, but as much as people like to think the in-vogue thing these days is to dismiss medical opinion, I would trust it over the internet.

That would kinda of depend on how intelligent the person was in the first place wouldn't it? If you get someone who doesn't know how to conduct proper research and weigh up different opinions then yes it may well be dangerous. But then what do you think the average GP has to deal with? They are not super Humans ... You walk into a GP's Office and on average they've got 5 to 10 minutes to listen to your life story and work out what is wrong with you.

Where as a person who is suffering from an ailment has all the time in the world to do their research, they know better then any doctor how they personally feel, so as long as they have some reasonable amount of intelligence they can work out their own problems through careful research.

Maybe the people you know just aren't that smart ?

And if you do some more research online you'll easily find that the 3rd largest cause of Death in the USA is called "Death by Doctor"

Doctors Are The Third Leading Cause of Death in the US, Killing 225,000 People Every Year

ALL THESE ARE DEATHS PER YEAR:
    12,000 -- unnecessary surgery
    7,000 -- medication errors in hospitals
    20,000 -- other errors in hospitals
    80,000 -- infections in hospitals
    106,000 -- non-error, negative effects of drugs
    These total to 225,000 deaths per year from iatrogenic causes
  • Options
    Interesting. You use British terms, like GP, then quote US stats. Got another account have we ?

You go on about GPs then quote stats that have, predominantly, sod all to do with a GP. How exactly is a GP responsible for an infection acquired in hospital for example ? of all the things you quote i can can think of an alternative cause that does not involve medical staff, maybe break it down further.

as for the OP. I'd not worry about it until the test(s) come back. Diabetes can be controlled (if not too severe) by diet alone or just tablets if you're careful about what you eat.
  • Options
    Random fact of the day, it was this day in 1922 when insulin was first used as a treatment for diabetes.

Sent from my whyayePad using Tapatalk
  • Options
    Well-done to me i went and done the test :D iam a bit nurvouis now i got to wait for the results :(
  • Options
    Well-done to me i went i one the test :D iam a bit nurvouis now i got to wait for the results :(

*hug*'s - Were here for you Heather! When do you get your results?
  • Options
    friday next week :( hope i havnt got the thing now it be great
  • Options
    Diabetes is something that can be treated, and if you are disagnosed with it now, they can help you with it sooner, what are you most worried about, if the results come back as positive for diabetes?
  • Options
    ye that ill forget to to things for the test
  • Options
    If you do have it, it's easy to deal with. After a while, it'll all become second nature.
  • Options
    If you confirmed about diabetes than exercise alone will never do it, you have to pair it up with a good low carbs eating plan as well. Many diabetes patients can manage their BS with both eating plan and exercise. Exercise will help lower your BS numbers naturally. It is recommend you get 30 minutes a day.
    gold coast family accommodation
    Wings Hinterland Retreat
    31 Red Oak Drive Tallai QLD 4213 Australia
    Phone : +61 407 037 811
    wingshinterlandretreat.com
    Massive Luxury Holiday Home for 21 persons. Perfect for Family Holidays or corporate getaways.
  • Options
    Good news i not got it yayyyyyyyyyyyyyy :d
  • Options
    good luck... let us know how it goes?
  • Options
    That's really good news Heather, so pleased for you! :)
  • Options
    :thumb:
  • Options
    lady emily wrote: »
    good luck... let us know how it goes?

i have had it done and i not got it