Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I really need help

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I would like to apologise first of all for being so down during Chat last night, I felt really bad the fact that my crush didn't text back...though she eventually did saying she'll get back to me for when she's working/not working. For those that weren't on chat, I've had a crush on a friend and I texted her that I have a small present for her for Christmas.

But after all these months of fantasising, I am becoming more of an emotional wreck and I am finding it more and more difficult to control myself. The worst thing is that my confidence is nearing rock-bottom and I'm finding it harder communicating with anyone and believing in myself to do anything. All because I'm unsure whether this girl cares about me or not, most likely not.

I really need help with how to become more confident and how to overcome this problem. Horrible time to develop this emotional hell, during Christmas as well. :(

Comments

• Options
    heyy wavy :)

that's ok don't worry about it.

have u tried talking to anyone about how u are feeling at the moment or tried writing down. sometimes I find it easer to write down how iam feeling emotional

have u tried speaking to the Samarians about ur emotional it was my first time to speak to them and made me a lot happier now I talk about my emotional.

http://www.samaritans.org/

u could try and arrange to meet her and speak to her and sort things out face to face or sending her a texted

here a link of ways to build ur confidence

http://www.lifehack.org/articles/lifehack/63-ways-to-build-self-confidence.html

hope this helps u
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Hey Wavy,

How are you doing, it's quiet late, so I hope you manage to get some sleep soon, sorry to hear your struggling, I don't really know what to say, as I'm generally terrible when it comes to offering relationship advice, but reading this was heart breaking, and really, I wanted to let you know, I've read it and I'm here for you *hug*'s.

You don't need to apologize for anything at all Wavy, chat is their to support you and everyone else, I'm glad your using it :) It's always amazing to see you in chat, now that you are a regular, I've grew quiet fond of seeing you in there! :) So, NEVER apologize for asking for support, you should be very proud of yourself okay Wavy? If you don't agree with me, I guess we will be agreeing to disagree :)

It's actually quiet common thinking a person doesn't like you, because they haven't responded to your test, I've had the issue with quiet a few people, and I know people telling you, to give it time won't help, or anything, but I do understand how difficult it is, waiting for your CRUSH to get back to a text you sent them, it's like, they should take the time to respond to you quickly, it's the same with waving to a friend, say if they didn't respond to you, it would be a instant thought like, they don't like me etc...But then we have to think about the other side, did they have their phone with them, did they actually see you, Do YOU actually know they hate you, and what not...*hug*

I'm glad your crush finally texted back, sometimes, we have to remind ourselves, it will take time, and people don't check their phone instantly, but were here for you during your waits :)

It sounds as though things are becoming more difficult for you Wavy, what do you think you can do about your situation? I was just having a nosey though TheSite.org pages, and thought this page might interest you, Boost your pulling confidence?

I think Confidence is a issue for many people, and one that takes a long process to build up, are their any clubs you could join in your local area, or Gym's or something? How about taking a look around? What do you think you can do to help raise your confidence?

I think Christmas is a difficult time for many people, but you don't have to go through it alone, you'll have several members on here supporting you, and we'll be here for you :) You don't have to deal with anything alone *hug*'s

Like I said before, I'm not to sure what to say, but I just wanted to reach a hand out to you and let you know, you are not alone :)

Angel :heart:
    Meep, Meep!
  • Options
    Thank you so much Heather and Angel for your advice.

Heather, I am planning to talk to my mum (most probably) about the situation in the new year, Christmas may not be the best time for it at the moment. Just read your lifehack link, number 12 is a bit like my situation. Hahaha. And yeah I will have a look at Samaritans next time I experience these negative feelings.

Angel, You are exactly right about the texting thing. I would expect her to text back, a lot like the waving thing. She hasn't texted me since last night about seeing when it's best for me to come in with the present though, but I'll give it until the weekend ends anyway. It's just hard for me as I don't know what she even thinks about me.
    I have been going to the gym lately and I do enjoy it, it's just a case of sticking to it.

I'm just really grateful that I have somewhere I can come to and receive support from lovely people as yourselves. Thank you for giving me advice guys.

:')