Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

casual sexual relationship

Annaarrr!!Annaarrr!! Posts: 876 Part of The Mix Family
I seem to be getting into a friends with benefits type of relationship.. I feel like I should have reservations about it but I don't. Is it okay for me to be doing it? Cos I'm still conscientious about the fact it may not be a good thing to do. I've come out of a relationship recently, about 6 weeks ago, and called it off once and for all a few days ago. People have said I shouldn't settle down so young and get out and experience others and stuff but I'm I doing it in the right way?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It depends. Really there's three questions to think about: are you safe, are you happy and are you having fun? If the answer is yes to all of those then I don't think there's much wrong with a purely sexual relationship. Coming out of a relationship it can sometimes be good to simply fuck someone for the joy of fucking them, without it having to mean anything.

You just need to be careful to set the boundaries early, rather than pretending you're wanting something else. Just be careful if you feel vulnerable; consider whether you can deal with any rejection before you start.
  • Options
    Pretty much what arctic said. I'd be cautious, and make sure that you're having fun - not just grabbing someone convenient who kinda fills some if the gaps in your life left by your ex.

If you're in doubt on the emotional side, then batteries are pretty simple.
  • Options
    He keeps saying I can say no whenever I want, that he'll look after me so I reckon I'm safe. I'm as happy as I normally am and it's very fun. I think if its a one fuck thing then I'd be pissed and hurt but he's going to the effort to take me out first and he's going on long term shit so it seems it might be more than that. I mean I've said I'm gonna need time before shit actually happens so I can get to know him better and he's cool with it all so we're not rushing into anything.
    If you're in doubt on the emotional side, then batteries are pretty simple.

LOL. :L
  • Options
    Sounds pretty healthy really, so long as everyone has boundaries and knows what they are crack on :D
  • Options
    Yay (: thank you muchlyyy x
  • Options
    As long as you're happy, go for it. But if you start feeling uncomfortable with it, then it's time to end it