Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

She is older with a kid

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
the other day i posted about this girl i spent the night with, and her brother was mad at me over it. being sober, however, he told me he is cool with it if we start dating. he says i would be the best guy she has been with. i am interested. she is gorgeous with an incredible personality, and maturity beyond her years. however, i can say that she is more mature than i am. im only 20, just moved out on my own. i know i still have a lot of growing up to do. And knowing i need to grow up makes the idea of this relationship difficult, because she has a 6 year old daughter. if the relationship got serious, it would mean taking on a role as a father-figure. i know for sure that im not ready for that. but even still, part of me is saying go with the flow. maybe the maturity will come when i get involved with her and her daughter. maybe i will feel ready to take on that role when i have taken it on. any thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    You're running before you're even crawling here. Don't assume she's after a new father for her daughter. Many single parents aren't. If she's got any sense she won't let you into her daughter's life for quite some time yet, certainly I don't let dates anywhere near my daughter.
  • Options
    im seeing that as a possible outcome. but ive known her for some time, as she is my best friends sister and lives next door to him. i have known her for nearly 2 years now, it has only just developed to this point. And i have also spent a bit of time around her daughter, because she liked to watch my band band practice in my friends basement.. im really good with the kid, and This girl knows that, and likes it a lot. and if she does see me as that sort of figure, i dont want to get involved then leave because i cant handle it.. i dont want to do that to her.
  • Options
    Maybe it will be worth talking to her about this, finding out what her expectations are of you, father wise
  • Options
    i dont believe she has any expectations yet. but if she were to develop a desire for me to take on that role, i dont want to let her down
  • Options
    itll fuck up your relationship with your friend if it goes wrong