Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Too soon

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I met a guy who's in the army through work back in September, he's 30 separated 6 years older and treats me like a princess! I know I've fallen in love with him to early some people may think its not possible! He's recently going through a tough time, his dad has had a massive accident and needs an op which could result in him passing away, and now he's got his ex wife/ wife on his back as his son found pictures of me and him on my facebook and is making his life hell!

Now he's closed up wont speak to me doesn't want to see me and all I keep thinking is can I do this ( i appreciate that he's going through a tough time but I just want to be there for him and support him) he will be leaving in a few months and he's hoping to be based at a base hours away from me! Says he can't do long distance after what happened with his wife! Do I drag things out and make things painful for both of us/me when time comes or do I end things when things have calmed down at home! It's not what I want but I'm so confused!

Basically I just needed to get all this off my chest! But if anyone has any advice for me it will be very appreciated

Comments

• Options
    Also forgot to mention that now his boys found out about us he's made me delete all photos of us as if we are a secret which has also added to my confusion! He's not told any of his family about me which has now made me feel abit like a dirty secret!
  • Options
    you said ex wife/ wife before.. is he still married? this might be the reason for the secret, or if the marriage only recently ended. it could also be that his kids are not ready for him to be in a relationship with someone other than their mum. sounds to me like he needs a bit of time to process everything and let things settle.. and he is making you give him that space. i would wait until it all settles down, and see what happens. if you feel you cant wait, then dont. do what your heart tells you to do. it may seem to be a wrong decision, but everything will work out for the best. if it is meant to be, it will be :)
  • Options
    i think hes still with her tbh
  • Options
    He's either still with her or he wants to be. Either way he's not really going to be a long term catch.
  • Options
    Sounds like he could be a dordler who will never fully commit. I could be wrong. You don't say how long he's been separated?