Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Anyone try/know about DMT?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Kiezo's post about 2C-T-7 made me think of this. I looked up 2C-T-7 and along with the article I posted in that thread, it had a complete procedure for synthesis of the drug. So I decided to see if there was anything I could make. I did some researching, and realised that I can get hold of pure DMT(dimethyltriptamine) quite easily for free.

I'm curious to try them. Comments?

Comments

• Options
    I'm assuming you want to smoke DMT as its not orally active (by itself), its quite a strong visual drug, I haven't taken it by itself more as with part and parcel of many (ecstasy) pills actually containing it... from those I know you really need to be careful, it has enhancement effects for pills but at the same time it cuts a very fine line between what is an enhancement and what pushes you over the limits so can be quite dangerous!

You can read more about it at: http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/dmt/dmt.shtml
  • Options
    Dimethyltryptamine has effects like LSD but often more intense....a weird trip, quite potent stuff.

Take a read up on it

http://serendipity.magnet.ch/dmt/dmtart00.html
  • Options

get hold of pure DMT(dimethyltriptamine) quite easily for free.

???? that needs an explanation....
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Re: Anyone try/know about DMT?
    Originally posted by Lizzafins
    I can get hold of pure DMT(dimethyltriptamine) quite easily for free.

You serious? ...If so please PM me with the details, I would love to do this again!

Me and my mates were looking for something to make and sell and we came across DMT on Erowid. We ordered up a whole load of Phalaris Grass and one of my mates grew it and extracted DMT from it. It took a fair few goes before we got it right and even then we were left with some brown tar type shit which was an absolute killer on your lungs. Still it worked and I'd never done anything quite like it before, it's something else. Worth having a go just so you can say you've experienced, but just make sure your sitting down and your not on your own when you do it.

Because it was such an effort to make and we couldn't find anotrher source for Phalaris grass (though there are loads of other natural sources) we gave up on the idea of selling it, in the end we made a couple of batches, got mashed, and decided to forget about it.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Originally posted by Justin Credible
    I haven't taken it by itself more as with part and parcel of many (ecstasy) pills actually containing it... [/url]

Pills containting DMT? Have you got a source for this? Lab reports? DMT is only orally active when combined with a MAO inhibitor and MDMA is not one (afaik). And combining a MAOI with MDMA could be very dangerous indeed.
  • Options
    Blagsta; you got there before I could, for DMT to be oraly active they would have to put an MOAI in too, highly unlikely.

As for DMT may I point out that even if you can make it in the safety of your own home it is a class A drug. The manufactor of it would lead to a serious criminal charge if your caught, just a warning.

As for the stuff it self, please dont use it if your not at least slightly used to trippin, its really nothing like LSD at all, well not under the 300 microgram mark anyway.
    I'd recomend a 20-40mg starting dose smoked through a bong without the water, the smoke will be harsh but you should hold it in for as long as possible and soon a strong rush will come over you, followed by visuals like nothing else and everything will look alien. If you do enough you will have total out of body experainces. Its really not for the faint of heart.
    Someone mentioned the oily tar stuff that they made (really not a good idea to admit to) this is quite comon and still works fine, in fact its a little easier to work with in my mind.
    The smoke wont be any easier if you manage to get pure crystals, if you really are looking for something to make money from I wouldnt recomend this, personaly I'm not sure its the way to go.

As for 2-ct-7 that actualy isnt illegal unless it is sold for consumption as it is mentioned in the Medicines Act but not in the Misuse of Drugs Act. This is also a VERY powerful chemical and also very different from both LSD and DMT.
    It will take about 1-2hrs to fully come up and then last for about 8-10hrs after that, I'd recomend about 15-20mg on your first go although I have heard of doses up to 70mg but that involved a trip to A&E.

Be careful with both of these chemicals they really arent for people who dont know exactly what they are taking, it is quite easy to overdose on 2-CT-7 and several people in the US have died after taking it. NEVER snort it!
  • Options
    Also if you actualy manage to find someone who will sell you 2-CT-7 please email me.
  • Options
    Wow. Thanks for all of the replies. I have used DMT in research at uni and was surprised to read on the internet that it was a hallucinogenic drug. I guess my professors aren't going to tell me that little fact ;) Anyway, I've got keys to several chemical storerooms that contain it.

The stuff I saw on the internet generally recommended smoking it, but there were a couple that said eating it also gave a trip.

From what I've read so far, it is quite scary, so I will definitely do some debating and won't do it alone or in an enviornment that could become too terrifying. I've looked up dosages, and I think if I do try it, I would try less than 20mg.

For those of you who have tried it, do you know whether you had pure DMT? And how much did you take?

*oh yeah, I meant curious to try just DMT in my first post...I have no interest in 2C-T-7*
  • Options
    little bit of info

Well If you get the chance to try it, I would.

At Glastonbury up at Stone Circle there was a bloke going round in an executioner's mask selling small wraps of the crystals. He said it had been freshly imported from South America. I refused, and now the chance is gone.... :rolleyes:

greenfields.
  • Options
    This chemcial is relatively easy to make at home if you have the chemistry know how so it would make no sense, it wouldnt make eccomicly good profits when you could just bring coke insted.

However I have heard of 'shroom caps' coming from bolivia which I thought was bollox and wouldnt work but they were quite good. Well for my wife anyway, we did half of each cap each and she tripped and I didnt, I was quite miffed but thats really not to do with dmt.
  • Options
    i realy dont know what i'm talking about technicaly here but......
    around about 1975 we were introduced to what became known as "the lunch time trip". it was bushweed that blew your friggin head off to the point where we ended up avoiding the stuff.
    it was supposed to be home grown imported from ireland...home grown in those days wasn't what it is today. but this stuff was very trippy, verry powerfull, very wierd and to much to handle. the story was it was soaked in D.M.T
  • Options
    wow ive took a look at erowid and read some stories of peoples experiances on DMT fuck me it sounds class, but like acid hard to get a hold of and make do you need to get the grass to make it? or can u use the chemicals? any 1 know how i could get hold of the stuff to make it?
  • Options
    i found this on making DMT www.flashback.se/archive/DMTMAKE.TXT

fuck me all those chemicals and hours any EASY way to make dmt?
  • Options
    Some idiot gave me keys to a chemical supply room that's got at least 2kg of it. But I am a big chicken and have decided not to try it for the time being. I read too many horror stories about it. Not quite sure I could handle it. :eek:
  • Options
    DMT isnt really a physicaly harmful drug but if you are concerned about using it then dont, it is very strong.
  • Options
    "the lunch time trip" is a comon term about DMT and its similar chemical cousin 5-MEO-DMT because you can go and have a serious trip for about 20mins and then go back to work.
    I wouldnt recomend it though.
  • Options
    Be careful

DMT is a schedule 1 drug so its highly unlikely that lab of yours would have HUMAN grade DMT...and if they did...It is even more unlikely they would give you a key to it...
    They might have laboratory grade dmt, which is more common as it is used for research...but it is a different drug
  • Options
    Well it was 6 years ago so it's probably all gone by now :)