Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

cutting contact right thing to do?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi i just need some advice and reassurance i did the right thing in this situation!

The guy i was seeing i found out that he had a gf and was seeing other women on the go. I contacted the actual gf he had been with to tell her what was going on as i thohe ught she had a right to know.

Anyway we became friends for a while but then i started to see things i wasnt sure of.

We made a joke about wouldnt it be funny to go to the pub he goes to where he is and seeing his reaction. I didnt think about this fully and went along with it. This night resorted in her meeting him and sleeping with him.

She said he nagged to sleep with him and she didnt want him so i gave her the benefit of the doubt.

I went out with her again and she said she received a phonecall from him saying his mom was ill and could we meet him. We ended up hanging out at his flat.... and whilst she was in the toilet he went to kiss me and said how he really wanted me but she then came back out we went out drinking for a bit then went back to his resorting in me being made to sit in the living room whilst they had sex in the other room.

They got back together (only for a day or so) but i said i could no longer be friends with her due to the history and it turned quite nasty. I told her he had tried it on and she just made out he was 'drunk n flirty'. Which i thought was a load of crap. She said some pretty nasty stuff to me but she did appologise after.

I havent seen her in a month but just want to know ive done right thing cutting contact!

Comments

• Options
    Right so, you find our your bf is seeing another girl so you tell her, you two become friends. Then you continue to see your ex with her even whilst they're still carrying on and having sex and what not?

So why did you continue to see him after you broke up? And yes i do think youve done the right thing there, seemed like she didnt care about your situation at all
  • Options
    You're well shot of that. That's a situation that will never end well.
  • Options
    Lexi99 wrote: »
    Right so, you find our your bf is seeing another girl so you tell her, you two become friends. Then you continue to see your ex with her even whilst they're still carrying on and having sex and what not?

So why did you continue to see him after you broke up? And yes i do think youve done the right thing there, seemed like she didnt care about your situation at all

No I stopped seeing him but she got a call from him when I was out and she said we had to meet him. I think it's a croc when she said he never wants to sleep with me as why did he try it on? While we were out at one point she had to tell him to let go of me
  • Options
    Oh i see. Well i think removing yourself from all that was the right thing to do.
  • Options
    Oh i see. Well i think removing yourself from all that was the right thing to do.

Wasnt nice to be made to sit in living room whilst she threw herself at him and had sex Before that she tried to get him to dance with her in flat but was more interested being sat by me. Just making a point
  • Options
    What point?
  • Options
    Seriously just drop them and move on. Sounds like a painful situation where people are just playing each other off.
  • Options
    Miss_Riot wrote: »
    Seriously just drop them and move on. Sounds like a painful situation where people are just playing each other off.

Yeah it does she said he doesnt want to sleep with me so why does he try it on? I told her but she wouldn't have it got extremely nasty. I see him around and he talks to me like norm v weird
  • Options
    he sounds like a total pig.. removing yourself from that was most certainly the right thing to do. had you stayed, it only would have lead to more pain and heartbreak. im sorry you had to put up with a guy like that... we aren't all like that, but im sad to say you will probably come across a few more like that before you eventually meet a good one
  • Options
    typerry92 wrote: »
    he sounds like a total pig.. removing yourself from that was most certainly the right thing to do. had you stayed, it only would have lead to more pain and heartbreak. im sorry you had to put up with a guy like that... we aren't all like that, but im sad to say you will probably come across a few more like that before you eventually meet a good one

Well she used the he's drunk line it don't wash he's tried it on so many times and the time he tried it on when she was out of room next breath begging her to take him bk
  • Options
    being drunk doesnt affect you like that.. its a total croc of shot.. if he is loyal to her sober, he would be loyal to her dunk.. temptation to cheat would certainly increase, but he honestly just doesnt care. it sounds like he only wants to get laid
  • Options
    typerry92 wrote: »
    being drunk doesnt affect you like that.. its a total croc of shot.. if he is loyal to her sober, he would be loyal to her dunk.. temptation to cheat would certainly increase, but he honestly just doesnt care. it sounds like he only wants to get laid

My point exactly he made a beeline and she was just in other room drunk n flirty yeah right and he's hardly going to tell her je likes me
  • Options
    I wouldt make such a big deal out of it. He's an asshole and she doesnt care so forget about them and move on
  • Options
    I wouldt make such a big deal out of it. He's an asshole and she doesnt care so forget about them and move on

It's just fact she didn't believe me! She dumped him couple days later and said she didn't want him
  • Options
    If she doesnt believe you or doesnt want to then its her problem not yours. You havent done anything wrong
  • Options
    If she doesnt believe you or doesnt want to then its her problem not yours. You havent done anything wrong

True just I get treated like crap she said some really nasty stuff to me :) I know what he was like with me so I know it wasn't in my head

In past she would te me that he said he never saw me like that etc but he's hardly going to admitt to it