Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Self harm thoughts - could be triggering

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well I'm 13 and a half and I self harm. I'm really depressed and I don't know why. Self harming is a way of feeling better. A few of my friends know but I know that they won't tell anyone else. Its got worse for me lately(family life and stuff) so ,obviously, I've got more depressed. I don't want to die or anything btw. It doesn't hurt at the time so I don't realise how much I'm doing it until afterwards. I have a couple of scars where I have doodled on my hand with a needle:banghead: and some scratches on my leg. I don't think that self harming is bad as long as you don't let it get to far. I have friends and cousins who have ended up at deaths door because it got out of control. Just make sure that someone your really close to knows because then you have someone to talk to about it and hopefully they will understand. Just tell them not to tell anyone unless you don't mind them to. Life can be a struggle but the only way to get stronger is by carrying on!

Comments

• Options
    Hi lostangel, welcome to TheSite.org boards.

This thread, however, was last added to in 2009, it's better if you want to talk about your problems to start a new thread, which you are more than welcome to do.
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote: »
    Hi lostangel, welcome to TheSite.org boards.

This thread, however, was last added to in 2009, it's better if you want to talk about your problems to start a new thread, which you are more than welcome to do.

Hi lostangel :wave:

As Fiend says, this is quite an old thread so i'm going to move your post into a new one now so that it doesn't get lost :)
  • Options
    ReenaReena Posts: 1,375 Wise Owl
    Hi lostangel, it's lovely to meet you.
    I was having a hard time at your age, and was a self harmer too.
    Can I ask why you self harm? For me, it was because I hated myself, it always felt better, like I deserved it.
    Hope you find what you're looking for here. xx
  • Options
    There's many reasons why I self harm. I think the main reason is when I was 9/10 my dad went to prison, for a few years before that he got quite ill with depression and mental health problems so me my mum and my sister had to look after him. He got really mad all the time and wasn't always fun to be with. I haven't spoken to him in 4 years because I hate him so much. I ha absolutely no confidence after he left and I didn't really speak to anyone. I don't speak to his parents either because they are mad at me for not speaking to him. My mums parents have died, I never met my grandma and my grandpa died August 2011.
    I'm still not confident and I try to stay out of many people's way. To get through everything I focused on school and work and got myself to be as beat as I can be but when I couldn't get any better I had to find another way to get rid of all the hurt.
    I now pierce my ears and then don't put any earrings in so they close up. I do have control over my cutting but sometimes it gets out of hand. Like last week or something I cut my stomach quite deep because I was really ma at myself and the next day we had pe and we ran for ages. I have asthma and in definitely not the skinniest(or prettiest) girl in my year so it was hard but I pushed through and sprinted the whole time. We had to run for 12 mins round a track and count how many laps. I did 14 and a half laps. I nearly fainted twice after and I had 2 asthma attacks whilst I was doing it. I nearly fainted because my stomach killed and I couldn't stand the pain any longerxx
  • Options
    Emma2Emma2 Deactivated Posts: 10 Settling in
    Hi lostangel
    sorry to hear that you are having such a tough time. The community is here to help. You might want to start a new thread so you can get more support from the other members. It's good you are sharing how you are feeling. You might need to get some attention for you stomach if its bad still this morning.

Have a look at some of the information on self harm here

Have you also talked to anyone about what's been going on with your mum and dad and how you feel? You might want to try Childline which can offer confidential support.