Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

self mutilation

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello,
I am a former cutter, and alcoholic, as well as I suffered from anorexia and belimia when I WAS a teen. Now i am married and have children all seemed well until arguing started happening again. Now I wake up this morning and I have a fingernail mark on my inner wrist (that was my favorite spot to cut along with my ankles) then i have cuts on my fingers as well. i do not know how it happened so i am assuming that i do this while sleeping has anyone ever had this happen before. I have not cut in 7 years so please let me know if there is any advice.:(

Comments

• Options
    That has personally happened to me once, but it was as a result of a bad dream about the past. I know it's a slim chance of remembering, but have you had any bad dreams about the past or about the behaviour recently?
    If you feel the need to go back to self-harm or cut again, you would be best to talk to someone about it. Try not to let it phase you though if everything is fine, treat it as an isolated incident and don't let it panic you. But if it continues to worry you, definitely see someone about it, whether it's your doctor, a friend or your husband or someone else. I hope you feel better soon :)
  • Options
    I dont remember having bad dreams about the past there has been a lot of the past coming up and issues between me and my husband lately though. It definatley is not an isolated incident. I now have bigger marks on my arms and I wake up with them. Either I am being haunted by a very pissed off ghost or I am doing this to myself. I have massive trust issues so putting myself out there is easy because no one knows me but everyone in my personal like does and I cant trust any one of them. I have so many issues it is rediculous. I honestly think if things change between me and my husband than it might stop but things are worse by far. I cant make it to counseling anymore because I do not have anyone to watch my child who wont stop distracting me throughout the hour. I hate it here I need people I can trust with my kids without paying money I dont have. I wish that things were different but the pain isnt there. With anything not even when my husband threatens to leave me. I cant believe that I am in this poistion again. I hate the marks and looks I get from it but something about doing it makes me feel so much better. Thank you for your advice and I will try to pay more attention to my dreams from now on. Mostly it is me missing home or me trying to get a job and things are just going downhill. I wish someone could make me better adn think that if one thing were different and my husband made me feel like he loves me then I wouldnt be so bad but I dont know how to make me feel better.
  • Options
    ReenaReena Posts: 1,375 Wise Owl
    Maybe it's all the stress and anxiety build up in your subconscious, coming out while you sleep.
    Small and big things like getting a job, finding someone to babysit.
    You said about missing home, how long have you been away? It can't be easy starting somewhere new. Not knowing many people, or your way around, where the best place is to look for help. -such as job searches and babysitters.
    It must be a big worry when your husband threatens to leave, whether he means it or just saying out of the heat of the moment.
    Have you gotten to know your neighbors yet? They might have some practical ideas to help, as they know the local area. xx