Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Back on Cannabis perhaps

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well the titles is self explanatory, I've started to go back on it because I forgot how much of a quick release it gave me and how fast it was to escape reality. A place i'd rather not be. My barber said the symptoms of cannabis are all in your head so if I don't think about it much and just smoke it, then hopefully it won't mess me up as much as it did before.

Comments

• Options
    If you know you react badly to cannabis I'd suggest trying to find another way... do you get any professional help for your problems? Or do you just self medicate?
  • Options
    I don't need help, I need to end it! Somehow or another, I obviously don't belong here.
  • Options
    What makes you think that?
  • Options
    ReenaReena Posts: 1,375 Wise Owl
    MindOvRot wrote: »
    I don't need help, I need to end it! Somehow or another, I obviously don't belong here.

Where do you belong then?
  • Options
    Hey MindOvRot, you say in your initial post that you're taking cannabis again for the feeling of release and for an escape from reality.

It sounds like there are things going on in your life right now that are getting on top of you? Is that right? Things that are making you feel that you 'don't belong'. Do you think you might be able to tell us what some of those things are?

Coping on your own and letting it all churn around your mind can be exhausting and leave you feeling the way you do - that you just want it to stop.

Others here can relate to that feeling and the fact you're here on TheSite at all says to me that you're at least interested in talking and sharing what's going on for you. Despite what your barber says, the effects of cannabis are real, there's some more info about it here: http://www.thesite.org/drinkanddrugs/drugsafety/drugsatoz/cannabis

If you really feel desperate then calling, texting or emailing the Samaritans is something you can do at any time of the day or night - they won't try to advise you or tell you what to do, they'll just listen and help you get some relief that way.

Let us know how you're doing :)
  • Options
    I never did get the escaping from reality stuff by using cannabis.
    It only ever made my problems seem worse ... much bigger.
    Each to their own though I suppose.
    If your going to smoke the stuff try and smoke it differently.
    Instead of trying to get shit faced on it try getting a little high.
    Try a one skinner with enough in it to get a mouse high.
    Tiny bits can act as a stimulant. Can bring out your creative side enhance your problem solving skills make you feel more spiritual and all sorts of stuff that getting shit faced is so far removed from.
    Cannabis has so many uses besides shit faced.
  • Options

Mice smoke more weed than you might think...

mousyweed.png

Hehehe.
  • Options
    Smart arse!!!
  • Options
    I couldn't resit, sorry! :razz:
  • Options
    MindOvRot wrote: »
    Well the titles is self explanatory, I've started to go back on it because I forgot how much of a quick release it gave me and how fast it was to escape reality. A place i'd rather not be. My barber said the symptoms of cannabis are all in your head so if I don't think about it much and just smoke it, then hopefully it won't mess me up as much as it did before.

maybe you should talk to your doctor rather than your barber
  • Options
    grace wrote: »
    maybe you should talk to your doctor rather than your barber

Amen.
  • Options
    most doctors will just repeat what they read in a textboookand a lot of them are unpleasantly moralistic, the only benefit of a doctor could be a referral to some sort of potheads anonymous type group and even then going to a doctor is merely a formality if that's what you have in mind.

to avoid pot leaving you depressed or messed up, make sure you've got something else to take up most of your time so getting high isn't your number one directive all day every day. for me, the drug itself doesn't seem to cause psychological problems but when smoking throughout the day habitually you can easily become withdrawn and start thinking negatively. I have to work so that generally keeps my smoking habits reserved for night and I can avoid living in a total haze 24/7...but if you really can't keep that sort of structure then giving up completely is the only solution, some sort of potheads anonymous-style support group may be the next step.
  • Options
    Apples and oranges juices are about as sugary, I typically have lemonade when I drink (yet when I'm not drinking I'll try for that over Fanta although I favor it) and for some excuse for why I usually feel like it tastes less sugary and...
  • Options
    I never did get the escaping from reality stuff by using cannabis.
    It only ever made my problems seem worse ... much bigger.
    Each to their own though I suppose.
    If your going to smoke the stuff try and smoke it differently.
    Instead of trying to get shit faced on it try getting a little high.
    Tiny bits can act as a stimulant. Can bring out your creative side enhance your problem solving skills make you feel more spiritual and all sorts of stuff that getting shit faced is so far removed from.
    Cannabis has so many uses besides shit faced.

I can honestly say this works a treat, I was smoking a quarter a day (7 grams of home grown), and i was so zonked, i couldn't do anything but sleep/eat.
    But like morrocan roll said, I turned it right down started using tiny amounts and only rolling one skins (or a bong), I ended up cutting down from £45 a day, to just under £5 worth. My quality of life has hugely improved, and it actually helps me get things done, whilst easing the pain of day to day life and depression. Plus I don't have to do dodgy nefarious things to earn the money.

And what spliffie said, are there actually weed support groups out there? How do they not just turn into stoner session. But seriously, I should look into them. Even at £5 a day it controls my life.
    Don't mean to thread hijack at all, just a lot of this hits so close to home for me.
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Ooh, be careful not to bring up old threads, doesn't seem as though the OP is still around!
  • Options
    Shikari wrote: »
    And what spliffie said, are there actually weed support groups out there? How do they not just turn into stoner session. But seriously, I should look into them. Even at £5 a day it controls my life.
    Don't mean to thread hijack at all, just a lot of this hits so close to home for me.

haha yeah I'm sure these groups are out there. I'd imagine for some its more an opportunity for networking and business.
  • Options
    **Angel** wrote: »
    Ooh, be careful not to bring up old threads, doesn't seem as though the OP is still around!

Didn't even notice ;o although i think it's a little different in the drugs section, because normally it's quite dormant normally.
    Spliffie wrote: »
    haha yeah I'm sure these groups are out there. I'd imagine for some its more an opportunity for networking and business.

The worrying thing is it's probably true aha
  • Options
    Shikari wrote: »
    Didn't even notice ;o although i think it's a little different in the drugs section, because normally it's quite dormant normally.

:yes: Fair enough in Anything goes/health and wellbeing, but it's fairly common for threads in the drugs section to be bought up a couple of months later as there aren't many posts.