Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Ouch

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi, dont know if you can help me but here it goes. Last night I attempted sex for the first time. It was basically impossible to penetrate me, anyway, it finally happened but (sorry this is sounding crude) he only got in a little way and I had to tell him to stop becasue it was pain like ive never felt before, and I couldn't carry on. I started to bleed almost immeadiatly (sp?), and it wasnt just a little bit, there was a lot and this carried on for most of the night. Im am still bleeding a little bit now. Im pretty sure this isnt normal. Im not in pain at the moment, but even though I suspected there would be blood I didnt think it would be anything like this. Im worried. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    Some girls do experience pain and a little bleeding the first time they have sex so it sounds normal, but i dont know if you still should be bleeding now, maybe he was to rough and cut you or something?
  • Options
    Maybe you're on your period?

Ok, probably a really dumb suggestion....sorry.

And I am sorry that your first time was cuah a bad experience for you. It gets better, trust me.
  • Options
    Best advice is, as always, to go and see your GP or other medical professional if you are worried about the amount of bleeding. A little bleeding is perfectly normal, especially if the hymen hasnt been removed by sport, tampons or otehr such thing, but bleeding like that IS uncommon, but not unheard of.

How aroused were you, because if you were not aroused fully when he attempted to penetrate you the vagina walls wont have been fully relaxed making the opening tighter. Therefore he could have ripped the vaginal walls slightly, like what often happens when anal sex is attempted for the first time.

See a doctor if you are worried, and try and have as much foreplay as possible. Only attempt penetration when you cant resist it any longer, and a way to feel more relaxed is to not make penetration the be-all and end-all of sex. The tongue is the strongest muscle in the body for a reason;)
  • Options
    Dont worry this happend to me the first time I attempted to have sex, we didnt use any foreplay! :eek: You can imagine the pain I was in. I was bleeding rather alot too and it went on for a few days after, but after that I was fine, and when I went to have sex again it didnt hurt in the slightest. Make sure your fully turned on beforehand next time! ;)
  • Options
    Re: Ouch
    Originally posted by sure_sophie
    Hi, dont know if you can help me but here it goes. Last night I attempted sex for the first time. It was basically impossible to penetrate me, anyway, it finally happened but (sorry this is sounding crude) he only got in a little way and I had to tell him to stop becasue it was pain like ive never felt before, and I couldn't carry on. I started to bleed almost immeadiatly (sp?), and it wasnt just a little bit, there was a lot and this carried on for most of the night. Im am still bleeding a little bit now. Im pretty sure this isnt normal. Im not in pain at the moment, but even though I suspected there would be blood I didnt think it would be anything like this. Im worried. Any thoughts?

Hi that happeed to me, it was easy to penetrate me but it hurt like hell and there was alot of blood. The best thing to do is just use sanitary protection until the belleding stops. It should subside soon. As with angelbabe said the second time shouldn't hurt at all. It didn't with me either. :) Good luck hunni. Sorry you had to experience the pain of it. :)
  • Options
    all the good advice has been given, so i'm just going to *comfort*

:)
  • Options
    try not to worry - myself and my gf had the same problem the first time we had sex. she bled the first few times, but its not anything to worry about. id advise you to use lubrication for the first few times because with the nerves you will probably not be as wet as you should be. good luck.
  • Options
    i ripped badly first time when i had sex- perfectly normal but v.painful. Bled for a while after so don't worry.
    It gets a better- try having a few drinks/a lot of foreplay if you have problems getting relaxed. Even better, have a few hits of something!
    Sorry your first time wasn't so good! Enjoy the next time!
  • Options
    Just to be mother for a mo - sorry!

Lubrication is a great idea (I get up to lots with it :p ) but make sure it's water-based if you're wearing a condom. If not, there's no point in wearing the condom.

*End of serious advice*

:p
  • Options
    flavoured lube mmmmmmmm ;)