Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Advice please guys (feeling low, but not triggering)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This is all getting too much. I'm not happy in my job at all (they treat us like machines and it's push push push to get results out on time and "ooh look at all the profit we're making, isn't it good...") so I am finding that so stressful, and I can't do anything about it, apart from put on a brave face and work at 3000 mph because my boss has no control over the work either?! Profit is good, but it lining the company account and I don't see anything for all my hard work day in day out so what's the point? I'm lining the CEOs pockets but not mine. Grand. I am hopeful in a few months it may improve a bit, but that optimism keeps getting shot down. We were only meant to have one hectic month. That was five months ago... it's so hard to do anything (social or even just food shopping is an effort) as in the evenings I am just shattered and stressed.

Now I am being made to move out so I have to find a new place to rent. I don't find my parents supportive about this at all (they were so set against where I live now before I moved here it was horrible and this has turned out just fine). So I feel like I am in this alone too. I don't have a set kicking out date yet and I need my parents to help me move. The moral in the house is not great. This is stressful too. I have a specific area I need to live in for work as I don't drive. I am scared if I find a house there will be something "wrong" with it and I will get grief from my parents.

I am struggling and I don't know what to do.I want to either just quit the job and get out this town (not wise, I don't have a back up plan) or bury my head in the sand. The latter isn't going to solve anything. What can I do? I think I might cry.

Comments

• Options
    I think you need to break this into two distinct issues. Your house, and your job. I recognise that they're inter-related because of your commute, but it's still something that's necessary.

Can you think about, what you would do instead of this job (don't restrict yourself to realistic, or available jobs to begin with). Then whether you want to move jobs, and then how to move jobs.

Secondly book some annual leave when you have the move date, and book a half day for house looking at too if you need it. Moving is fucking hard work, so you have to give yourself the slack that you need to organise it.

Thirdly, parents are a ballache, sorry.
  • Options
    ReenaReena Posts: 1,375 Wise Owl
    Do you like you job?
    I ask because I was stuck in a job I didn't like, it even made me self harm just to get out of going in, once I hurt my hand and said I caught it in the door. If I had stayed in that job much longer, I think I wouldn't be here.
    Do you think you could stick it out until you find something else?

Don't worry about there being problems with the new place, as long as they're fixable your parents don't have to know.

Like Fiend_85 said, look at one problem at a time. If you think about both at the same time, it can be harder to see any solutions, but focus on one and you can think more clearly.
    Have you tried writing down all the possible actions you could take? My counselor did that with one of my problems, and it turned out I could see a lot of solutions, but in my head everything was so mixed up I couldn't see any way out.
    xx :heart:
  • Options
    Thanks guys. I know they are separate issues really, they just seem so intertwined! I think I am just going to go into the room/house search with a different attitude to usual... maybe a "sod it, what's the worst that can happen?" May backfire spectacularly but I'm not sure I really care tbh. I'm fairly confident things can't go that badly.

I have also decided to not tell my parents so much until I have a contract signed and a moving date set. Saves hassle that I can't deal with!

At the moment, I hate my job. It used to be fun when we had the "right" amount of work, but now, no, I can't wait to leave, it's making me miserable. I am going to try and last until spring or summer next year and then I can move far away if I want. It just seems so far away.
  • Options
    ReenaReena Posts: 1,375 Wise Owl
    Of course they are intertwined, that's why you have to think of them as separate to make it easier.

Oh my niece (who is 3) says she loves you. She realizes that I'm talking to someone and is sitting right next to me. She is nuts. :crazyeyes xx
  • Options
    Hi purpledhaze:wave:. I was in the same situation as you are, about the job i mean.
    I used to work as a dishwasher/cleaner in a restaurant. I finished school and my sister told me that where she works they need someone to work as a dishwasher in the weekend.And my mother encaurageed me to go,so i told her yes.at first it was ok,we were busy every weekend but it was ok.
    We were 3 dishwashers and a few weeks later one of them told me that i have to work from monday till sunday because she was not going to work there anymore,so i ended up working part time from monday till sunday in the evenings.my sister works in the morning as a cleaner and she have a colleauge( don't know if i spelled it right) that works with her.
    After a few weeks I ended up working in the morning sometimes.
    And would end up fighting with my sister because when she take a day leave I had to work her shift.
    And one week I had to work morning and night because my sister went abroad.
    I ended up self harming and tried to kill myself one day before I went to work.
    From there my dipression got worse.
    Now I don't have a job but I'm trying to find one and do what I love most.
  • Options
    I thought I had a room sorted, and now the landlord of the property has informed me he doesn't do written contracts. I thought they had too? (any one know?) So now I am back to square one, with no where to live and two weeks to find somewhere and move. F**k.
    I'm sure it will sort itself out (they are a few rooms going on room finding websites) but I don't like the unknown and I feel like punching a wall. I knew it was all going too well. Ah crap.