Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

make-up help please

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i need to learn how to do my eye-make up properly! mascara, eye shadow, eyeliner, all of it. can anyone please help? i'm tired of looking plain.

Comments

• Options
    Try looking on youtube for tutorials, because it's quite hard to explain with just words how to do make up. But you don't need make up to look pretty!
  • Options
    What do you mean by properly?
  • Options
    Grace is right, there's some good tutorials on youtube.
  • Options
    There are various different ways of learning how to do your make up properly. One way is watch youtube tutorials but you may find this hard as you have to watch and try and teach yourself. As although some tutorials are really good the person isn't actually there with you to show you how to do it properly and see where your going wrong.

Another Option si to book a make up lessonw ith a make-up brand like Bobbi Brown; MAC etc. MAC are really good and if you spendf £50 (easy in MAC!) you can have one for free!

Another option is to take a day when u ar e free e.g. evening and just play around as you will have a way of doing your make up cus u are unique.
  • Options
    Theres pixiwoo on youtube which is fantastic, but helps if you have some make up knowledge for some of the looks they do. Make up lessons are good - I would book with a local make up artist first so you can get to know the basics and work your way up to a brand like MAC or work out what your budget is beforehand and stick to it (and tell the artist exactly what your budget is so they know what they have go to work with).