Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

microgynon 30

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
this is probably the daftest question iv ever asked but, you know on the packet how they have the day marked, well is it the same strength pill in them all? like, Monday Tuesday and Wednesday are all the same dosage and the same tablet basically, just marked with the days for ease of use? or could one days be stronger the other? xx

Comments

• Options
    Oh I wanted to know this too because I've been taking them back to front accidentally!
  • Options
    Right. I don't know the answer, but NHS Direct will know the answer, I tried the contraception checker, which didn't work because it's about missing pills. The number is 0845 4647 and that's local rate, and shouldn't take long, when I called them, they were quite quick.
  • Options
    I believe they are the same strength. On my new pills the layout of the days is different to my old one and i ended up taking the last pill of the pack which mean i had to take the rest a day late :S I didnt have any problems though and i think if hey really were for specific days there would be stricter instructions on taking them
  • Options
    All medication should come with an info leaflet. Part of that should tell you the strength of the dose of the medication in the packet.

If it's bog standard microgynon 30 that you're on then they're all the same strength, but obviously double check the leaflet to be sure for yours. From memory, it's a 30mg dose, hence the 30 in the name.
  • Options
    Yep they're all the same, a nurse once told me it didn't matter what day you took them or anything :) My meds have the days on, I think it's just so you know how many to take and when.
  • Options
    I've thrown the box away but I'm picking up my new prescription tomorrow so ill have a read.

I was asking because I didn't realise I'd run out of packs, luckily I had an old pack with 5 pills leftover in it from when I forgot to take them one month (whoops) so I'm just taking those until tomorrow. but I'm taking like, Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday, whatever pills ate left and iv been so grumpy and moody and easily irritable these past two days and I wondered if it was because the pills were stronger.
  • Options
    Yep, they are all the same. Otherwise they'd have to number them day 1, day 2, etc, cause people will start their cycles on different days! The days of the week are just there to help you remember to take them :)
  • Options
    Kaff wrote: »
    Yep, they are all the same. Otherwise they'd have to number them day 1, day 2, etc, cause people will start their cycles on different days! The days of the week are just there to help you remember to take them :)

oh yeah, that makes sense! thank you. so I'm just being a moody bugger then :p
  • Options
    i read somewhere that the tablets have different hormones in them, although i'm not sure if this is true or not so don't hold me to it.
    even if this is true, it doesn't matter which order you take them in, as long as you take one every day :)
  • Options
    There are some pills that have different doses on different days, but microgynon 30 isn't one of them.