Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

don't know what to do.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
(Really don't think this post will make any sense)

Okay, so I am a bit unsure of what to write. I guess I am looking for some advice. I have been self harming for about 3 years on and off, and I stopped for about 2 months or so, but recently I have been having quite a lot of relapses. My overall behavior has changed I want to sleep all the time, I have so many things to look forward to in the future and I really don't feel excited or anything. I am so confused about it all and I don't know what to do about anything, anymore. The one thing that isn't affected is my job, which I am glad about. I feel so bad on my family, and my little sister she just keeps asking me if I am okay all the time, I don't know what to say to her and I feel like a rubbish sister to her.
I understand the self harm is apart of my life now, I recognize that but like I am just confused at the minute and I don't understand, whats changed. I just want to be back to my own self, because I don't know who I am anymore.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

C x

Comments

• Options
    plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    Sleeping more and not enjoying things, not feeling like you have anything to look forward to are classic signs of depression. It might be worth speaking to Dr about this and trying to get some help or you could try medication?
  • Options
    Im on medication for mood swings at the minute. Im just so confused and feel like noone understands.
  • Options
    i've been feeling the same recently, although i haven't had the courage to talk to a doctor. although i've found that confiding in a person you trust and who can support you and be there for you, with me its my boyfriend, really helps to feel better. i don't know if this is the case for you, but when i was at a very low point earlier on in the year, i started to isolate myself and push people away. as soon as i managed to get back out and re-connect with my friends i felt better having people around me, as they lifted my mood. i'm sorry i can't be more help as i'm still struggling myself, but i hope this helps even just a little.
    people on these discussion boards are also very helpful offering advice on what to do i've found.
  • Options
    Thanks..
    Sorry to hear you are struggling yourself.

Yeah it has helped.
  • Options
    Hi ClaireStephanie :wave:

How are you? Sorry to hear you are feeling confused and not feeling yourself right now *hug*

It maybe the medication that is part of the reason of why you are feeling this way, have you researched into what the medication is about and how it works with your mood swings?

Like georgiana says do you have someone who you can trust and talk to about this?

keep us posted of how you are doing :thumb:

Here is a link from our site where there is a bit of information about medical treatment like the medication you are taking for your mood swings.http://www.thesite.org/healthandwellbeing/mentalhealth/treatments/medicaltreatments
    I hope this helps a little.
    purple_rain
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies.
    I am going to the doctors next friday :)
    I dont really have anybody i can talk to.:/
    thanks for the link and advice
  • Options
    ReenaReena Posts: 1,375 Wise Owl
    There are people here you can talk to. xx (:
  • Options
    thankyou :)
  • Options
    ReenaReena Posts: 1,375 Wise Owl
    You are very welcome. xx
  • Options
    :-)
  • Options
    Hi claire i hope that you are ok.:)
    i am feeling the same way nothing is exciting anymore the only thing that i like doing is go to a dogs shelter even there sometimes i feel uncomfortable.
    i want to stay in bed and in the house alone all day.i don't have a job so stay in bed and in the house i can do, the alone part i can't because every time there's someone in the house after 1.00pm. i used to shelf harm to on and of now i am thinking of doing it again because than i felt something that i don't feel now that i don't self harm.i don't know if it help and i know it's crazy well everything i say sounds crazy and boring sometimes. :(:/
    well i hope you good everyone's here for you
    cya.xxx:wave: