Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Healing burns

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Some chicken soup exploded in my face the other day while cooking, I didn't realise my face had a blister until a few hours later when I subconciously rubbed my face and felt it pop. So as a result of that it has now scabbed over and I look like I have a cold sore on my cheek. Problem is, I'm being a bridesmaid next saturday so I could do with it gone by then. However as it's already scabbed over I was wondering what was the best way to get rid of it/prevent scarring? If it had been anywhere else or not before such a big day I wouldn't be so worried, I also don't want a scar on my cheek :(
Help?

Comments

• Options
    I was told by a nurse to just leave burns to heal naturally, and cover them up to prevent infection, but things like Sudo Crem are safe to put on them (as long as it's completely covered by a scab) that might help :)
  • Options
    Might be worth a quick trawl of Boots or similar for burns/advanced healing dressings if you're after fast healing with all the help it can get.

The good news is your face has a brilliant blood supply which helps a lot with healing quickly. Once the skin has sealed over, rubbing it regularly with any kind of ordinary moisturiers will also help as you'll stimulate the blood flow.
  • Options
    Savlon. But otherwise leave it to the air. Let it dry out and it should be fine to cover with concealer without looking like more than a bit of dry skin.
  • Options
    I'm not sure if it's the same for burns but I'm guessing that is it but for cuts the body heals itself quicker if you take a vitamin c suppliment of about 1000mg a day. It's more than would be in a normal multivitamin so try getting some of those dissolvable vitamin c tablets and having one daily.